Mid West Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

AutoCross Event and 7thGen MEET AUG 24th

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pyro is an unknown quantity at this point
AutoCross Event and 7thGen MEET AUG 24th

OK on Aug 24th there will be an AutoCross event at the Tire Rack in South Bend, this is always a great place to gather. It is open to the public I was thinking since it is an alday event and people can come and goe as they please this woudl be a good opportunity to have a Civic Meet. Either on the 24th day of event or the day before, the day of anyone racing will be kinda busy a good chunk of the day either racing or working the field. it would be nice to have some people there to take pictures from the side lines and post them up. if your intersted let me knwo by e-mailing me at tim@grant-ham.com. here is the information

Race Event Info

it is free to watch
it costs 25$ for non SCCA members and 20$ if you are a member.
I hope to hear from some people soon...
Old 07-20-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Dammit... you guys are gonna go up there? Man, I was gonna go to Converse and race with the Fort Wayne guys that day. I'll keep an eye out if you guys get a big group... then maybe I'll change my plans.
Old 07-20-2003
Registered!!

Pyro is an unknown quantity at this point
whats at converse? what kinda racing..i ther eisn't much of a turn out notice i might meet up with ya down there...
Old 07-20-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Same thing... Autocross. They do it at an old "airport".... it's more of a concrete slab in a cornfield... but it works. I gotta run a few more events with FWR so I can get my free region membership for next year. The flyer isn't up yet, so I'll put it up as soon as it does.
Old 07-23-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Hey Tim... someone just told me that Indy region is running at the Grissom Aeroplex that day. I'm not passing up the chance to run there. That tarmac is just too nice and so damn big to pass up.
Flyer

Probably gonna run the August 9th Indy even in Anderson too...

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 07-23-2003 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-29-2003
Registered!!

jnycash is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, it looks like Indy is running at Grissom AFB. I've never run there but I've heard its awesome.

You can count me in at Grissom that weekend.

http://www.indyscca.org/SoloFiles/2003SoloSchedule.html
Old 08-11-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Indy is running the course from the 2001 CenDiv event. I'm gonna try and find the map of it. I ran an indy event last weekend and the course blew *****. Hopefully the division course is much more challenging.
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

Any luck with getting the map?
Old 08-14-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

No map... they don't seem to post it, but I know that Division courses have to have certain elements in them, so it should be pretty good.

Directions for those of you who wanna go... Get to US 31 however you can. From the Fort Wayne, Toledo, Detroit, etc (East) and Lafayette (West) Take US 24 to US31 SOUTH. Go about 7 miles you'll go under an overpass and see an airplane tail on the side of the road, there will be a green highway sign that says Grissom Aeroplex... DO NOT get off. I did that once and got stuck in office park hell. Go another mile or so past that, there is a Water Tower, turn RIGHT just before the water tower, I forget the name of the road, but there is a turn lane and its pretty obvious. If you get to the prison, you messed up, go back. Once you turn, hang the next right (its like 100 ft.), then turn left just before the first warehouse. That will take you to an old security gate, sign the waiver and you're in.

From Indy (South) Take US 31 (I think it starts out as Allisonville Rd.?) Turn just past the water tower, follow directions above.

Driving time from Indy, Fort Wayne, and Lafayette are all about 1 hour.
I'm going from Lafayette.... anyone who wants to meet me somewhere before I start or along the way, PM me.
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

Word.

That's alright about the map. Like you said I'd be willing to bet any course run for a divisional will be pretty good.

Hopefully we can get a decent turnout from some local 7thgeners... I wonder if I'll be the only one running in the stock class...
Old 08-17-2003
Registered!!

FYI, registration for the Indy meet this coming Sunday (24th) is due up on www.myautoevents.com by the 22nd. Let's get some 7thgen representation!
Old 08-19-2003
Registered!!

old beater is an unknown quantity at this point
im going to converse on sunday, my first autocross ever. im excited