Bolt-on Engine Performance Modifications Intake, header, exhaust, flywheel, pulley and other bolt on information and questions belong here.

Best Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rileyb22 can only hope to improve
Best Spark Plugs

Looking to swap out my the original dense sparks. Any recommendations on the best kind to get?
Old 03-25-2012
Naturally Aspirated

513EM1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Best Spark Plugs

NGK Iridium.
Old 03-25-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

+1 on NGK Iridium

Stay the hell away from Bosch.
Old 03-25-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

denso iridium. center electrode is slightly smaller than ngk.
Old 03-25-2012
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 513EM1
NGK Iridium.
This.

Iridium will never ever burn out in a D16 motor like copper plugs so you will never have to replace them they will literally last an eternity.

And yes, stay far, far away from Bosch. No matter what the douche behind the counter at autozone tells you (no offense to autozone workers, the one in my local store is a giant tool).
Old 03-25-2012
Registered!!

rileyb22 can only hope to improve

Thanks guys! NGK Iridium it is!
Old 03-25-2012
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering if I'm looking at the wrong spark plug. Everyone says iridium is spendy... but they're only 7 a piece at autozone.. are these: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...er=514491_0_0_

Worse than these?: http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...(P_RecType%3aA)

Everyone's saying go for the NGK, but I've heard good on both. I'm assuming there's no significant difference except the price?
Old 03-25-2012
Naturally Aspirated

Spark plugs are very cheap. People consider NGK expensive because the lower quality ones go for as low as $3.00 a piece. NGK Iridium is all I've used, and all I will ever use.

With that being said, yes, those are the right ones.

By the way the second link is broken.
Old 03-25-2012
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

I see. Thanks for the info 513. I'll probably go with NGK iridium as well.

The 2nd link was to Napa and they have denso iridium for like $9.50 a piece
Old 03-25-2012
Naturally Aspirated

No problem
Old 03-25-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Those are the ones

I think I paid $32 for a set in Canada, which I guess is pricey compared to $10 for a set of cheap coppers. Spark plugs last a long time though, so they're one of those things that are worthwhile spending on.

The only spark plugs that are actually a bit expensive are lasers.
Old 03-26-2012
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

stick with ngk or denso brand in a honda. and the iridiums will only last around 30k miles according to denso. they use less electrical energy to form the spark but the center electrode is much smaller than normal to accomplish this and the plug still wears out. there is only a regular nickel ground electrode (unless you get laser iridiums which are not available for some cars).
Old 03-26-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Just curious why don't you guys Bosch plugs?
Old 03-26-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by GolNat
Bosch just does not produce very high quality auto parts, they manufacturer so many different parts for so many different makes and models overall quality seems to be a sacrifice.

It's funny, because I have a few Bosch power tools and they're great. I would never use Bosch auto parts though.
Old 03-26-2012
Premium Member

civics are already slow, you dont want them misfiring all the time

Originally Posted by GolNat
Old 03-26-2012
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Lol, no I wouldn't want that...I actually have Bosch's in my car now and I think it runs great. I'm thinking I am going to switch to the NGK's since its the OEM plug. I have actually always used Bosch in my cars and have never had a problem. I have used NGK's also and they worked great too. Maybe my car could be running better then it is now with the NGK's in them...Bosch does make great power tools!!
Old 03-26-2012
Premium Member

bosch plugs do work well in some cars, but not usually hondas. and you cannot feel smaller misfires which im sure you have. ngk and denso are the smoothest because they were designed for imports. i have a graph showing comparisons on the electrical level but cant find it.
Old 03-27-2012
Prelude Owner

Oh ok, that makes sense. I will be sure to switch them out as soon as I can. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-27-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by gearbox
civics are already slow, you dont want them misfiring all the time
Old 03-31-2012
Registered!!

Spiffy_B is an unknown quantity at this point

I have NGK Laser double platinum
Old 07-11-2012
Lord Sin

Lordsin is an unknown quantity at this point

Ngk's are the best choice. I have tried auto lite, bosh, and E3 diamond brands no gap required plugs and my car breaks them and I get misfires and obd comes on. But that's my experience from those brands.
Old 10-04-2012
Registered!!

Emitor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spiffy_B
I have NGK Laser double platinum
What's the product code for that? Can't find em.
Old 10-04-2012
Registered!!

TopBMXer is an unknown quantity at this point

NGK are meant for civics thats what you should run, either the copper or iridium.
Old 10-21-2012
Registered!!

MichaelPoe is an unknown quantity at this point

to the best spark plug, you can search it at miparts auto parts; the link of spark plug is www.miparts.com/cat_spark-plug_91
Old 10-29-2012
Registered!!

BIGGS000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man, thank goodness for the search function! I need to replace my plugs and I know I wanted to use NGK or Denso since that is what the SM says to use. However, I didn't know which ones would work better. At 6.99 each plus a coupon, I can't complain.
Old 12-04-2012
Registered!!

jdm99civicsi is an unknown quantity at this point

would the ngk iridium also be the best choice for a b16a?