Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

JET Ecu and HP Header!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by greatcasa
Please for the love of god people, stop writing in this internet lingo talk that has become popular recently, and write in normal proper english. They have done studies that these kids that are writing like this are starting to have a hard time in college writing papers because they subconsciously start writing using abreviations, slang, etc. Plus you just sound like you're some teeny bopper kid with no intelligence. Just stop it! It drives me up the wall trying to decypher your kiddie slang internet talk.
Not another dumb reply!
Old 05-01-2003
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe this thread just naturally attracts dumb replies.

Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
Seems as tho' people I have no choice but to wait a couple of weeks....this goes out to the people looking to purchase the HP 4-1 Header for the 7th gens...its on back-order for 4-6 weeks...i'm hoping 4 at the most...all iz good tho'. I can wait..that means the JET ECU will have to wait until then...I want to install both of them at the same time. Dammit, why doesn't HP produce enough headers for US????
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

azure is on a distinguished road
Whoa... 4-6 weeks?! It's coo. As long as you keep us posted.
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

obzerv is an unknown quantity at this point
damn, the header has been on backorder for DAYS...last i heard it was on back order was when oakleyoverthetop was ordering his(when he had his car)..which was back in november maybe? i dunno it was around that time.
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

Alright you guys...I just got a email from nopionline.com saying that they refused my order cause they didn't have the HP header in stock. And they refunded my credit card (takes 5 days). SO..this is what I decided to do. I called HP Racing direct....called them long distance to find out EXACTLY WHEN they were going to get them in stock. So the guy tells me that they don't have them in stock as of now...BUT they have 100 headers on the way...thats right 100! and that it would take 2 weeks to get them. Ahhh...so the wait won't be that long after all....just a matter of time. Just thought I'd do all us 7th gen'rz a favor or two. hOllA!
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

GideoN is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool! Wish I had the money to get the header when I know they will be in stock.
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by GideoN
That's an opinion. There are many people on this site with AT and can beat the **** out of a MT without risking gas mileage. I admit that I would rather have a MT myself but to say that AT completely suck compared to MT is just opinion. No real evidence. Go race a AT with the same mods as you and see.
No, thats not an OPINION its the truth. The automatic transmissions in Honda Civics are designed for one thing in mind, ECONOMY! You can get at torque converter and that will help a little. It would take a crap load of horsepower to beat a standard. I raced an Integra LS it lost to me, and it has 160HP. I also raced a GT Eclipse it was automatic.. and guess what it lost. I raced a Camaro SS it was automatic and guess what, I lost. Automatic transmissions can be faster than Manual transmissions in certain scenarios, but in the case of Streetable Honda Civics, the Manual transmission will be faster. And I am sorry for all you people on this site that think there is some redeeming value in giving more HP to an Automatic, infact that is not good for the transmission and it will probably fail, provided it is a stock transmission. I am not saying that autos suck, infact I know more than one automatic that can destroy my car. BTW, that was very ignorent for you to say "There are many people on this site with AT and can beat the **** out of a MT without risking gas mileage" How do they accomplish this? First of all, the MT gets better gas milage, secondly provided they could beat a manual civic it would have to be a stock manual civic, and a very upgraded Automatic with some sort of forced induction, thus it would be burning more fuel which completely throws your first arguement out the window. Anyways, trade in your Automatic for a manual. A civic auto and a civic manual with the same mods Manual will win provided the driver knows what he is doing. Plain and simple, no arguing with that, NOPE, Manual wins, end of discussion.
Old 05-28-2003
Registered!!

Wsup people!! I've got GREAT NEWS! I just called up NOPI ONLINE today and i asked them when they were going to get the Hp Race Header w/Hi Flow Cat in, and dude said the 1st of JUNE!!! Thats some f***kin' great newz for me..and for those of you who've been waiting...just thought I'd be a cool guy and keep yall posted about availability on the HP Header w/ Hi Flow Cat!! Damn, I can't wait!!
Old 05-28-2003
Registered!!

bickford05 is an unknown quantity at this point
how long does it take for jet to get the ecu back to you after you send it out?
Old 05-28-2003
Registered!!

they send the ecu chip back to u the next day if you sent it in before 12pm the day before....about one day...kjgracing got his back the next day...
Old 05-28-2003
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA, would you happen to know if there is an HP header made for an auto LX?

I'm guessing not. I keep hearing HP for EX and Kamikaze for LX/DX. I'm hearing a lot about how Kamikaze bolts right onto the LX stock exhaust. And I guess Kamikaze is the route I'll be taking. But it doesn't hurt to know if HP has a header made for LX as well. Can anyone answer this?
Old 05-28-2003
Registered!!

ericscorpse is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Diemos
An automatic will always be an automatic. And automatics dont adhere well to basic bolt ons. Honestly, your just going to be sacrificing your gas milage. Automatic civics are slower than a fatty trying to roller blade. In my humble opinion, you should just I-C-E your car out. Atleast then you can be a bad *** and get tickets from cops for being to loud as aposed to a ticket for "attempting to speed". But do whatever u want chief!

damn, guess I'll stop saving up for my turbo then
Old 05-28-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Azure
PaCiFiKbAllA, would you happen to know if there is an HP header made for an auto LX?

I'm guessing not. I keep hearing HP for EX and Kamikaze for LX/DX. I'm hearing a lot about how Kamikaze bolts right onto the LX stock exhaust. And I guess Kamikaze is the route I'll be taking. But it doesn't hurt to know if HP has a header made for LX as well. Can anyone answer this?
to answer ur question, the Kamikaze is for the LX and the HP is for the EX. It would be a good thing IF hp made a header/hi flow cat combo for the LX. But yeah, Kamikaze for you buddy
Old 05-28-2003
Registered!!

Alright. Thanks!
Old 05-28-2003
Your Parts Guy

StreetLevelPerformance is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Diemos
No, thats not an OPINION its the truth. The automatic transmissions in Honda Civics are designed for one thing in mind, ECONOMY! You can get at torque converter and that will help a little. It would take a crap load of horsepower to beat a standard. I raced an Integra LS it lost to me, and it has 160HP. I also raced a GT Eclipse it was automatic.. and guess what it lost. I raced a Camaro SS it was automatic and guess what, I lost. Automatic transmissions can be faster than Manual transmissions in certain scenarios, but in the case of Streetable Honda Civics, the Manual transmission will be faster. And I am sorry for all you people on this site that think there is some redeeming value in giving more HP to an Automatic, infact that is not good for the transmission and it will probably fail, provided it is a stock transmission. I am not saying that autos suck, infact I know more than one automatic that can destroy my car. BTW, that was very ignorent for you to say "There are many people on this site with AT and can beat the **** out of a MT without risking gas mileage" How do they accomplish this? First of all, the MT gets better gas milage, secondly provided they could beat a manual civic it would have to be a stock manual civic, and a very upgraded Automatic with some sort of forced induction, thus it would be burning more fuel which completely throws your first arguement out the window. Anyways, trade in your Automatic for a manual. A civic auto and a civic manual with the same mods Manual will win provided the driver knows what he is doing. Plain and simple, no arguing with that, NOPE, Manual wins, end of discussion.
integra ls has 140 not 160
Old 07-11-2003
Registered!!

Whats up people! Just thought I would update real quick and let you in on some info you may or may not have heard...for those new and old members, I was going thru HP Racing's website (again) and as they slowly update their site, they offer a Stainless Steel 4-1 Race Header along with the Stainless High Flow Cat.

They don't offer the combo package like the Chrome one...weird huh? So i emailed them asking how much the Stainless Steel 4-1 Race header was and the Stainless Cat alone...just thought I'd update you on this tidbit kuz I know most of you want this header....

Oh, heres a fact for some newbies...

CHROME is made of mild steel....
STAINLESS STEEL defines itself....

so if you had a question about which is better, stainless steel all the way baby!!!

*Delay on the HP Header - I called them a while back (yes, i'm harrassing them like every 3 days or so) and they told me it would be another 30 days till they get an order of headers in for our 2001+ Civics...

Thats all i got everyone...i'll keep u posted as i get the news!!
Old 07-12-2003
Registered!!

macrossranma is an unknown quantity at this point
do u have lx or ex 5spd or auto?cuz i wanna get this header for 5spd ex but dont wanna shave anything off the engine
Old 07-12-2003
Registered!!

Sup dude, i've got an EX AUTO...it sucks that our engine bays are so small...can't hardly put anything in there...
Old 07-12-2003
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
see you at the track pacifikballa...when you gots your mods
installed pm me! With an auto you should be hitting low 16's
maybe even high 15's I remember you were in the high 16's in you LX
Old 07-12-2003
Registered!!

GideoN is an unknown quantity at this point
PaCiFiKbAllA - Keep us updated man. I have the same exact car and would like to know what you can do.

For the guys that say that we would be sacrificing gas mileage with bolt-ons should re-think that. Anything that can free up air flow or produces a bigger spark will improve gas mileage. Of course you might end up running lean but if you do it correctly, you will be fine.
Old 07-12-2003
Registered!!

KJGRACING - i'll definitely PM you when i get my modz and ill definitely see you at the track man! Hopefully Sadboy916 and Kenshin can make it too....

GIDEON - i'll keep all of yall update on info as it comes available...

be back with more info soon peepz!!! Holla!
Old 07-15-2003
Registered!!

Yo Yo Wuddup!! Great newz people...i've just recieved an email from HP Racing and one of the reps told me that the 50-H26 (Chrome 4-1 Race Header with High Flow Cat) will be available the first week of August...which is not too far around the corner!

I don't know when Nopionline.Com will get their shipment in, but I know its probably gonna be during the week that HP Racing get's theres....so mark your calendars....Here comes one of the "better" mods to get for our ridez....if any further details are available I will post them...till then, bang your head against the wall

-=- PaCiFiKbAllA -=-
Old 07-15-2003
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
i think we should race at the next cali meet to see who has the fastest auto, because mine is faster...
Old 07-15-2003
Registered!!

i'll only race you if your car is NA..kuz mine is NA all the way...no nitrous or turbo...no swap either....either way, wait till i get my mods done, then ill call u out to the sac raceway!
Old 11-17-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
T H R E A D _ R E V I V A L ! ! ! !