Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Unorthodox Racing Pully Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
Unorthodox Racing Pully Kit

Any one install these or the AEM Tru-Power pully kit? Is it difficult or fairly straight forward? Are there any DIYs (preferably with pics) that any one knows of?

I am planning on getting them soon, but if it is a difficult install I am goning to order them from my shop and have them install them, if it is easy, i can get a good price off the internet and do it myself.

Thanks for the input.

-Matt-
Old 02-09-2003
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
talk to joshosu. he has the unorthodox ulrta ss pulley kit. i asked him about it and hes had no problems of his radio or ac running low. i heard the aem pulleys make your heat, ac and things like that run lower. meaning you will get less heat or less cold air.
Old 02-10-2003
Registered!!

2001civ is an unknown quantity at this point
I have them (ultra ss), easy but time comsuming install. what prices have you found? got mine $282 shipped. You will need a friend. FYI you can get the crank pully off with the tire iron but don't, use real tools. Its a fairly straight forward install. The only hard part is getting the crank pully off. get the unorthodox, AEM sucks. Just so you know it will say that some threads "maybe reverse threaded", they aren't, not on our cars, all normal threads.
Old 02-10-2003
Ike
Registered!!

Ike is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: 2001civ
I have them (ultra ss), easy but time comsuming install. what prices have you found? got mine $282 shipped. You will need a friend. FYI you can get the crank pully off with the tire iron but don't, use real tools. Its a fairly straight forward install. The only hard part is getting the crank pully off. get the unorthodox, AEM sucks. Just so you know it will say that some threads "maybe reverse threaded", they aren't, not on our cars, all normal threads.[hr]

While were on the topic, any noticeable results man? Are they worth it?
Old 02-10-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Have you noticed any gains from them?

IronFist
Old 02-10-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, Ike, you beat me by 7 seconds on that question [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

IronFist
Old 02-10-2003
Ike
Registered!!

Ike is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: IronFist
Dude, Ike, you beat me by 7 seconds on that question [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

IronFist[hr]

Mad Skillz my friend
Old 02-10-2003
Registered!!

4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: 2001civ
I have them (ultra ss), easy but time comsuming install. what prices have you found? got mine $282 shipped. You will need a friend. FYI you can get the crank pully off with the tire iron but don't, use real tools. Its a fairly straight forward install. The only hard part is getting the crank pully off. get the unorthodox, AEM sucks. Just so you know it will say that some threads "maybe reverse threaded", they aren't, not on our cars, all normal threads.[hr]

what do you mean do not use real tools? use the tire iron we get with the spare? for the other pullies can i use regular tools?

thanks man

-Matt-
Old 02-10-2003
Registered!!

2001civ is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't say "do not use real tools" I said "don't, use real tools" that comma makes a big difference. What I was saying is that the tire iron is the same size that is need to get the crank pully off. but don't try that. you will more then likely bend the tire Iron. Believe it or not you can very easily bend a tire iron, but yes I was talking about the one that comes with the car for the spare tire. DO use a 1/2 inch rachet, extension arm(the 6 inch one worked best for me) and a cheater bar, that will by far be the best way. the reason that the crank pully is so hard to get off is because the crank keeps turning under all the force and it's hard to get it to stop. someone on the breaks isn't enough to get it to stop turning while you pull on the bolt, I had to put a screwdriver in the flywheel to keep it from turning.

I did feel a small difference in hp, but mostly a much better throttle responce. I would say it's worth it but it also depends on how much money you have.