Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Need help with catback exhaust install civic 2001 LX

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GHANDl is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help with catback exhaust install civic 2001 LX

hey guys im new to this just need some quick guidance if anyone has the time. I have a Honda civic 2001 LX 1.7 D17A1 i believe and im trying to get a new catback exhaust with a new header but the problem is most companies only make exhaust systems for EX model trims, where my LX the O2 sensor or catalytic converter is on the header itself where I might run into some problems when installing aftermarket exhaust. I've read somewhere that I could get a O2 sensor adapter wire to connect to the engine bay all the way to the catalytic converter on most aftermarket exhaust which is further away from the header on the piping. Can anyone confirm this for me or suggest what I could do to make sure i successfully install either a
Yonaka 2.5" catback system with a Skunk r 4-1 header? Or i might keep the stock exhaust and just install the catback but will it still work properly?
Old 11-26-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Need help with catback exhaust install civic 2001 LX

Not sure with 7th gens but with 6th gen base models you can swap to a stock EX cat-back. Of course this is using the stock exhaust manifold and not headers. Headers will not net you any power gains over stock exhaust so if a 7th base model can be swapped to an EX stock cat back that's one option. Hopefully others with more 7th gen experience will chime in.

Maybe you can find info in some of these: https://www.google.com/search?source....0.ykwfbUtWOXQ
Old 11-26-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

PasswordJDM, I believe, sells PnP O2 sensor wiring extensions. That way, if you ever wanna go back to stock, you can.

If the cat-back you're looking at was designed for a D17A1 (lx/dx) then you can just install and go. If it were made for a D17A2 (ex), then you'll have to swap out your entire exhaust system (exhaust mani and all)

here's a drawing I made way back when illustrating the differences in the D17A1 vs D17A2 exhaust systems. Should give you insight as to what would be compatible with what. And yes, an ex header/exhaust mani will bolt right up to a D17A1 head.

Name:  4PcOY49.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  235.9 KB

and, since I explain everything as if the reader had zero base knowledge (or for the edification of a newbie lurker), a cat-back exhaust would include the b-pipe and axle back portions.
Old 11-27-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Made the thread a sticky, did not notice it was lost

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...t-diy-faq.html

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...ml#post4531065