Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Lowered sedan; any way to keep Greddy exhaust from scraping?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sf2ryu is an unknown quantity at this point
Lowered sedan; any way to keep Greddy exhaust from scraping?

I just lowered my 2001 sedan with Tein S-Tech springs but now my Greddy exhaust can sits too low and I scrape the lower part of the exhaust can when I go out of driveways (especially if I have a full car). Is there something I can do to make it so that the exhaust doesn't hang down too low? Can the hangers be modified or can I get new exhaust mounts or something?

Old 04-01-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lowered sedan; any way to keep Greddy exhaust from scraping?

pretty much taking driveways at angles or telling the ppl to get out for a second or two is all you can do. you could probably get teh hangers removed and resettled. so... just watch out for bunmps and stuff. i get mine Magnaflow hit like 3 times in 3 years. just be careful and im like 2 1/2" all-around.
Old 04-01-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

btw in a coupe if that matters
Old 04-01-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

The best thing to do is take it to a good muffler shop, they might be able to help
Old 04-01-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

they can bend hangers to make it sit higher, but you have to have room under the bumper. you dont want exhaust touching bumper
Old 04-01-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

I had the same problem with my magnaflow. The piping was sitting way too low and it was scraping everytime I came up the driveway. I took it to a muffler shop and they raised it up. Don't know exactly what they did but they did a good job, no more scraping.
Old 04-01-2007
Registered!!

LilWannabeJdm can only hope to improve

i got greddy evo2 catback..the only thing scrapping is the pipe while going over the speedbumps..i try driving sideways and it help a little soo i step on the brake while my front wheel is still on top of the speedbump slowly releaseing it and go over it...

but why is ur exhaust hanging lower from your rear bumper?
Old 04-01-2007
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice

it's the price you pay for lowering your car lol.
Old 04-01-2007
Registered!!

BlueRevs is an unknown quantity at this point

Once I lowered mine many years ago, my car became a two seater. Had problems with wheels rubbing, exhaust scraping, and excessive bounce(even with Koni yellows) so I just said f it. like was said before, just watch your angles now when you need to. Every time you get in/out of your driveway over exagerate your angle and you'll never have a problem. You'll get used to it.
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

I'll check and see if the muffler shop can do something. I always thought that greddy can was way too big.
Old 04-02-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sf2ryu
I'll check and see if the muffler shop can do something. I always thought that greddy can was way too big.
I wonder if you could just bolt on the sp2 muffler can, it appears to have a slimmer profile.

Just a thought
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

its just called a muffler, not a muffler can. sounds a bit funny when you guys say that. It just the muffler
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sf2ryu
I just lowered my 2001 sedan with Tein S-Tech springs but now my Greddy exhaust can sits too low and I scrape the lower part of the exhaust can when I go out of driveways (especially if I have a full car). Is there something I can do to make it so that the exhaust doesn't hang down too low? Can the hangers be modified or can I get new exhaust mounts or something?

how come your exhaust sticks out of your rear bumper so much?
Old 04-02-2007
Official Wish He Knew It All

HyeHonda05 will become famous soon enough

Im sitting on Tein S-techs too and I have a HKS HiPower exhaust, and that sits and even lower than the Greddy EVO2...i just had my muffler shop move the hangars around until it sat up alittle higher.....
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

ricanswt is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem as you with the same exhaust. Im just living with it till i can change it. again.

Will be going on to my 3rd exhaust on this car.
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all

ok you can do several things. try to bend the hangers, use urethane blue colored exhaust hangers they are stiffer and wont stretch as much, or use a set of eibach prokit springs. the drop is only an inch.
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

tell them to get out of the car...cheap way..

bend the hangers like others tell you..
Old 04-02-2007
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Raise the car back up.

"Doctor, it hurts when I whack my finger with a hammer!"

"Quit whacking it!"
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough

look at it this way lowering the car is way more functional than your exhaust. I say keep it lowered and go back to stock exhaust. You will get tired of listening to that thing way before you get tired of taking off ramps at 60 haha. Then all problems will be solved.
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

im jsut curious if people with coupes have as much of a problem? i say this because i believe that the coupes bumpers have a cut out for the exhaust. thats why the muffler section (whatever its called) is straight on the coupes and bent on the sedans. If the cut out in the bumper helps at all you could try getting a piece cut out and fixed up to look nicer. im pretty sure the coupe bumpers dont fit the sedans so i dont think you need to look into that. hope this helps
Old 04-02-2007
umm....yeah?

X0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really nice

i would pretty much say what my homie said "Its the price you pay for lowering" But gdamn ur exhaust does look really low... looks kinda not flushed? iono thats my opinion
Old 04-03-2007
Registered!!

The muffler does seem to sit abnormally low. I just went and measured it, the muffler bottom is 4.75" off the ground. Here are more pics:

Old 04-03-2007
Registered!!

TheMoogly is on a distinguished road

What I did (I have the same exhaust and sedan) was took it to a muffler shop and had them cut out a semi circle to get the exhaust to fit... it is weird, on the other side of the bumper there is an actual rounded area you can use as a guide .... then they shortened the hangars... mine sits higher but will still rub when I drop my car...
Old 04-03-2007
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future

I was lowered on tokico struts and eaibach sport springs with 18 " wheels never had a problem but I did have to take my driveway a little slow and angled otherwise no issues at all take a look at the pictures below

Old 04-03-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

did you buy that used? was it from a coupe? cause coupe exhausts stick out a little more on sedans

and yea that exhaust looks way too big and kind of funny on your car, i would just get a whole new exhaust
Old 04-03-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all

it doesnt hang any lower than any other system unless your rubber hangers are old and worn. i had this system on my car and with eibach pro kits and 225/40/18's it didnt scrape hardly ever.
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

eye_see_you...It looks like your exhaust hangs up higher..your sedan is looking good too...

Aren't the Greddy exhausts the same on coupes/sedans? I think when I bought it new, the description said it was for both.
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

SpeedFreak is an unknown quantity at this point

be carefull about bending the hangers, cause ur muffler vibrates and if it starts hitting the bottom of your bumber at the very least youl notice some spider cracks