Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

2003 Civic EX Exhaust system question!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
polanski is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 2003 Civic EX Exhaust system question!

I got a 03 2dr EX with DC headers, Injen CAI, Magnaflow Catback. I'm looking to get a high flow cat, I have read that the Megan Racing High flow cat fits and heard from other that it does not. Anybody got any input? Please? Also, anybody put new spark plugs in ur car? Is it any different than normal spark plugs because these have their own blaster packs, kind of like Nology? Thanks!
Old 12-18-2005
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
the megan racing 'cat' isnt a cat.. its just a test pipe with a resonateor.. if you want a real hi-flow cat, get the random technology one.. you dont have to get an O2 simulator or anything to keep the CEL off..

spark plugs are pretty much the same to install.. take out old ones, put new ones in, torque to 13(i think) ft-lbs..
Old 12-19-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EastBayStuntN is an unknown quantity at this point
the megan racing test pipe will fit perfectly find on your 03 ex. im running that piece on my 03 auto ex as well with an aftermarket exhaust but factory headers. i can tell ya that the header was a bitch to bolt up...seems like its meant to go with aftermarket parts. afterall, aftermarket parts do belong together

as for spark plugs, cant help you their. sorry
why swap out the old ones if their still working?