Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Downpipe Questions for an 01 EX

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.0calypso93lx is an unknown quantity at this point
Downpipe Questions for an 01 EX

I have a few questions about downpipes for an 01 civic ex. First off, i would like to know which one to buy. I don't know anything about imports, so bear with me. At the end of december here, there will be no more e check. I would like to go with a catless test pipe, but will that make the check engine light come on? I have only dealt with mustangs, and i know that when you put an x pipe on one of those, and if its 96 or newer with the obd 2, the check engine light will come on, and you have to get MIL eliminators. Will this same thing happen, or should i just get a downpipe with a cat?? The car already has a header, and a dc sports catback. It is a 5 speed, and i can't think of any more information you guys would need. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-07-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx
I have a few questions about downpipes for an 01 civic ex. First off, i would like to know which one to buy. I don't know anything about imports, so bear with me. At the end of december here, there will be no more e check. I would like to go with a catless test pipe, but will that make the check engine light come on? I have only dealt with mustangs, and i know that when you put an x pipe on one of those, and if its 96 or newer with the obd 2, the check engine light will come on, and you have to get MIL eliminators. Will this same thing happen, or should i just get a downpipe with a cat?? The car already has a header, and a dc sports catback. It is a 5 speed, and i can't think of any more information you guys would need. Any help is greatly appreciated.
If you remove the cat, the Civ will sound horrible and stink. You will get a CEL unless you use an O2 sim. I would recommend a high flow cat set-up like Random Tech. These are true cats, but are ultra high flowing.

http://dezod.com/pd_random_technology_hiflow.cfm
Old 12-08-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
its not a downpipe. its a test pipe.