Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

RS*R exhaust installed! vids pg.3

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
RS*R exhaust installed! vids pg.3

Finally got it on along with the cam gear (2 degree advance). It looks great although a bit close to the bumper. I don't think it will be a huge deal cause the outer chrome part doesn't get very hot. Overall I'd say its a great exhaust. No rattles so far, and its on my sedan. Sound wise, its pretty loud like any other exhaust, prolly cause I have pnp, intake, and header too. You can hear it loud and clear under 4k, then the intake takes over. Power gains, well with the cam gear I felt a difference. It gets up to 65mph faster and has good low end. Didn't lose any throttle response. Anyway here are pics.

If you want the two mpeg vids, send me an IM: Metarian

Last edited by gearbox; 12-06-2005 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-14-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daso is an unknown quantity at this point
now that's a good looking exhaust. No fart can tip. You've convinced that that is the only exhaust I would ever consider.
Old 10-14-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Ya looks very silimar to stock lexus and acura exhaust with the muffler black. I kinda wish the tip was smaller, but still looks okay.
Old 10-14-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
your car looks pretty much all done...
Old 10-14-2005
Premium Member

yup i just gotta head back to chicago and get the vafc tuned once more and maybe cam gear too.
Old 10-14-2005
Premium Member

VIDEOS

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...S1O0HURSNN8DRA

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...Y03AAN402GFW76
Old 10-14-2005
i5r
Registered!!

i5r is an unknown quantity at this point
sick exhaust now i want that one instead of my dc exhaust
Old 10-14-2005
Premium Member

haha ya its nice but i've heard dc and it also has a good sound. I just wanted something stealthy. also you guys might not hear what it sounds like if you don't have a sub with your speakers when watching the vids.
Old 10-14-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
i was thinking of getting that exhuast or the Apexi W2... still not sure because both are about the same price
Old 10-14-2005
Registered!!

BigMac000000000 is an unknown quantity at this point
ya, i did have a question here but i kinda answered it myself and realized it was a stupid question to begin with so dont pay any attention to this post. i couldnt find anyway to just delete it

Last edited by BigMac000000000; 10-14-2005 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-14-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
really nice sound!
did you turn on the headlight when you were shooting the videos???
Old 10-14-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
yup ... I LOVED this exhaust ... very sleeper! ... I was constantly polishing my tip though haha.

the muffler looks VERY VERY similar to the 05 type s/type r rsx exhaust ... minus the angle up.
Old 10-15-2005
Premium Member

camera is dumb but at least sound was okay. yes lights were on just the digicam sucks at taking video. I actually would have had the wsII if it wasn't on back order. I'm so glad I didn't get it. Too much canister look and I bet the tip would have stuck out.
Old 10-15-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
damn you get paid. lol when your ready to get rid of it pm me. lol
Old 10-15-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
im getting the thremal about the same sound..
Old 10-15-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
that exhaust looks nice
Old 10-15-2005
Registered!!

EM2jdm is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good and sounds good, btw what part of NV are you from gearbox
Old 10-15-2005
Premium Member

Reno hehe
Old 10-15-2005

vietstylez will become famous soon enough
please go back to shaved emblems, please.
Old 10-15-2005
Registered!!

keitaro is an unknown quantity at this point
awsome exhaust and clip
pretty penny well spent

btw what song was that u were playing in the bg?
Old 10-15-2005
Premium Member

it was the newest live set from tranceaddict.com
Old 10-15-2005

jamesandrew58 is an unknown quantity at this point
OMG... dude.. woow....im getting a RS*R exhaust instead of Greddy SP2
Old 10-15-2005

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
nice exhaust!

it looks like you achieved 0-60 mph in 10 seconds. pretty good.

Last edited by bamb00; 10-15-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-15-2005
Premium Member

lol isn't 10 secs supposed to be the stock 0-60? there's no way
Old 10-15-2005
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
i wonder how much power your gonna be making now with the cam gear
Old 10-15-2005

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gearbox
lol isn't 10 secs supposed to be the stock 0-60? there's no way
well check the second vid again, you started accelerating at 2 seconds into the vid and reached 60 at 12 seconds into the vid. 10 seconds! try again then.
Old 10-15-2005
Premium Member

well no I'm just saying i still have a slow car
Old 10-15-2005
Registered!!

keitaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by bamb00
well check the second vid again, you started accelerating at 2 seconds into the vid and reached 60 at 12 seconds into the vid. 10 seconds! try again then.
he will get better results once his VAFC is adjusted to the new variables.
Old 10-15-2005
Premium Member

jcem will become famous soon enoughjcem will become famous soon enough
Nice clips, gearbox. That setup sounds really good. I had my xhaust narrowed down to the RS*R or the WS2, but I ended up ordering the WS2 (<$$). You may have just set me up for a big disappointment if it doesn't sound as good as yours does...
Old 10-15-2005
Premium Member

I almost wish I went with the wsii for sound reasons. the rsr with my setup is just too loud at times, but at least it quiets down on the interstate. But I like the rsr better for looks. And I thought the wsii was on national backorder for a few months now. You could prolly get a refund...if you really don't want it. I've heard the wsii and its not as loud as rsr.

Quick Reply: RS*R exhaust installed! vids pg.3