Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Apexi GT Spec! Anyone HAVE IT!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
Apexi GT Spec! Anyone HAVE IT!?

Hey i'm wondering if ANYONE on this forum has the Apexi GT Spec on their 7th gen, and if they do if they could possibly record how it sounds?? or compare what it sounds like to any other exhaust they've had or heard. thanks
Old 10-23-2005
Registered!!

prawdigy is an unknown quantity at this point
Just from reviews.. that exhaust is more tuned for turbo or supercharged applications because the way it is made. It has a bigger diameter and the site says it is more for top end. In my opinion it is not for N/A because it will not give you any back pressure whatsoever. If anything go for RSR exmag. It is low key and and I heard it gives decent gains. Not sure on the sound of the exhaust on the 7th gen, but on a WRX, it idles at about 94 decibles and at about 3000 rpms it is about 104 decibles.
Old 10-23-2005
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
its a good exhaust.
Old 10-23-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by prawdigy
Just from reviews.. that exhaust is more tuned for turbo or supercharged applications because the way it is made. It has a bigger diameter and the site says it is more for top end. In my opinion it is not for N/A because it will not give you any back pressure whatsoever. If anything go for RSR exmag. It is low key and and I heard it gives decent gains. Not sure on the sound of the exhaust on the 7th gen, but on a WRX, it idles at about 94 decibles and at about 3000 rpms it is about 104 decibles.
hey do people ever read what it actually says on the apexi website? or do you guys just choose not to read everything?? the bigger size piping is only for "certain applications" and civics do not fall under that category. the piping diameter is still 60mm on the apexi gt spec for civics and most other stock NA cars.
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by prawdigy
thats very true without the silencer. however put the silencer in and youll get a good response from mid to high. i should know, ive got it. here in the next month or so im planning on getting dc's new race header so im hoping to get some decent hp numbers from just my exhausts when i go to get my car tuned with aem intake, dc header, apexi gt spec, and apexi safc2.
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
I thought the exhuast came angled?
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by varner88
not on em2 i beleive on the ep3

thats gay...i like the GT spec, and i liked the angle. but if its not for our coupes then forget that. ill just wait for some 3 inch..

does the SI Gt spec fit on our cars by chance?
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by exturbo6
thats gay...i like the GT spec, and i liked the angle. but if its not for our coupes then forget that. ill just wait for some 3 inch..

does the SI Gt spec fit on our cars by chance?
if it doesnt then you could always get a shop to make it fit.
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by se7engen_riDe
if it doesnt then you could always get a shop to make it fit.

this is true. just curious on how much of a differance it is.
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

^^ no doubt...my apexi n1 i have now was just a muffler with custom piping...but im not looking for that now i want cat-back. but i might have to go that route, which is fine with me...i dont mind saving some money!
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
are you guys retarded? I HAVE IT ON MY 2002 EM2 HONDA CIVIC EX COUPE. read more carefully next time. and yes, its SLIGHTLY angled. not a full n1 angle, about half.
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

http://www.dezod.com/pd_apexi_gt_spe...stcivic_ex.cfm

GAHHHH!!!
Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by R3DL1N3
are you guys retarded? I HAVE IT ON MY 2002 EM2 HONDA CIVIC EX COUPE. read more carefully next time. and yes, its SLIGHTLY angled. not a full n1 angle, about half.

yup were retarted.

no **** you got it on your car! but it dont look angled. i like the angled look. alot more then how its on your car. like how the exhuast sits on a SI.
Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

Pedro Lopes is an unknown quantity at this point
What is the piping size on the GT spec. I'm looking for a 2.5 inch catback for my civic ex coupe. I was told 3' piping for our cars is to damn big but who knows. Oh by the way I'm running a turbo too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

the freekin GT SPEC is NOT 3" do you guys not know how to read?? it's on the apexi website man, saying that the 95mm piping is for specific applications only. omg.. -_-;; for like the 50 millionth time
Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
the freekin GT SPEC is NOT 3" do you guys not know how to read?? it's on the apexi website man, saying that the 95mm piping is for specific applications only. omg.. -_-;; for like the 50 millionth time

well being i know this already and they apexi doesnt make 3 inch piping for our cars, only 60mm or whatever it is..

plus i was asking if the SI (ep3) GT spec would fit our cars...thats all...so OMG yourself.

im going a differant route...im doing 3 inch with a gt spec muffler.
Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

Pedro Lopes is an unknown quantity at this point
I never said the GT spec had 3' piping. I was just refering to what someone said in a previous post that they are going to use 3' custom piping. All I wanted to know is if there are any companies that make a 2.5' catback. It seems everything is 2 1/4'. I e-mailed thermal and research a while ago and they said that they were going to make a 3' exhaust for our cars. But I don't think it's out yet.
Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

aiite KOO
Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

yup were retarted.

no **** you got it on your car! but it dont look angled. i like the angled look. alot more then how its on your car. like how the exhuast sits on a SI.
apparently youre still not reading enough. are you by chance reffering to this picture...

if you are then youll see right below it where i put that i dont have this exhaust anymore. thats my old magnaflow. if you arent reffering to that picture then i dont know what youre basing your opionion off of because i dont have any pictures of my gt spec on the net and i dont think anyone else does either.

Old 10-26-2005
Registered!!

apparently youre still not reading enough. are you by chance reffering to this picture...

if you are then youll see right below it where i put that i dont have this exhaust anymore. thats my old magnaflow. if you arent reffering to that picture then i dont know what youre basing your opionion off of because i dont have any pictures of my gt spec on the net and i dont think anyone else does either.

well can you take some pics of your car with the gt spec? i rememeber talking to you a long *** time ago and you told me you would but never did.dont htink its too much to ask for.
Old 10-26-2005
Registered!!

yeah ill try to take them again. last time they kept coming out blurry as ****. i guess i need to mess with the camera some more. ill see what i can do.
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

speechless01 is an unknown quantity at this point
i got it on my 03 coupe. not much of an angle but sounds awsome. very low tone. i get alot of compliments out of it.
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by speechless01
i got it on my 03 coupe. not much of an angle but sounds awsome. very low tone. i get alot of compliments out of it.
do you use the silencer? it sounds amazing either way, but i was just wondering. when i had it out it was super loud and it seemed to get better high end gains, but with the silencer it feels im getting better mid and high.
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

do you use the silencer? it sounds amazing either way, but i was just wondering. when i had it out it was super loud and it seemed to get better high end gains, but with the silencer it feels im getting better mid and high.

well if i rememeber right Apexi describles the power is from mid to top end gains.

i just bought the GT spec...but i only bought the muffler, im going to go get some piiping made up for me..cheaper and does the same job..Anyways what size piping should i get? (i got the Turbo GT spec.)

cool hope the pics come out better this time.
Old 10-28-2005
Registered!!

well if i rememeber right Apexi describles the power is from mid to top end gains.

i just bought the GT spec...but i only bought the muffler, im going to go get some piiping made up for me..cheaper and does the same job..Anyways what size piping should i get? (i got the Turbo GT spec.)

cool hope the pics come out better this time.

you bought the turbo gt spec muffler? im guessing its huge. if youre going for a turbo setup id run a 2.50" to a 3.00" setup. if youre going NA then id get around a 2.25". the gt spec made for the 01+ ex coupe is 2.37" i think, or somewhere around in there.
Old 10-28-2005
Registered!!

you bought the turbo gt spec muffler? im guessing its huge. if youre going for a turbo setup id run a 2.50" to a 3.00" setup. if youre going NA then id get around a 2.25". the gt spec made for the 01+ ex coupe is 2.37" i think, or somewhere around in there.

ill be reinstalling my turbo and im building a motor...so i think im going to go close to 3 inch...2.75 i think.