Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

coolant hose wrap?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
coolant hose wrap?

Is there anything that can be put on coolant hoses to keep heat in? There is a hose running right next to my intake filter and almost touching it. Gets very hot. Thanks
Old 06-04-2005
Bone Stock!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
i think header wraps should work
Old 06-04-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i was thinking about those metal loom things people have that don't burn. Braided something? I don't wanna use header wrap.
Old 06-04-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
you talking about the rice section at pep boys? j/p let me know what you find out though.
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

midnightblueEX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Maybe this stuff?

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...55&prmenbr=361
Old 06-04-2005
Premium Member

no none of that. Actually a hose near the tb has it stock. It's kind of like a black woven plastic that makes a tube. I'm gonna have to take pics I guess.
Old 06-05-2005
master of the culinary martial arts

masarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of light
You might want to go to the rice section of your local auto parts store and get some of that wover tube cover stuff, then put the wrap around that. That hose dress-up stuff probably doesn't hold heat well, but it should protect the hose if you're going to be putting wrap on it.
Old 06-05-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
they have silicon hoses out ... but I'm not sure if it would reduce heat ...
Old 06-05-2005
master of the culinary martial arts

masarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
they have silicon hoses out ... but I'm not sure if it would reduce heat ...
But they'd be mad JDM, yo!
Old 06-05-2005
Registered!!

flqu05 is an unknown quantity at this point
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...0/06_02_96.jpg
Old 06-05-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Are you talking about Stainless steel braided lines?
Old 06-05-2005
I'm unusually bored.

tony_buttons is an unknown quantity at this point
I was wondering the same thing about that stupid hose
Old 06-05-2005
Premium Member

okay you guys I'm going out to take pics.
Old 06-05-2005

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
are you talking about the black braided lines?
Ya go take some pictures
Old 06-05-2005
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
the things in the rice section at pep-boys don't do anything for heat. You'll need a header wrap for that.

only good thing about the stainless steel hose covers is they're pretty strong. I blew out my upper radiator hose (cracked it) and the only thing that held it together enough for me to drive was the rice-wrap.
Old 06-05-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
where can i get some header wrap? and does it really do alot for the motor?
Old 06-05-2005
Premium Member

Okay everyone, I'm talking about the plastic black braided stuff that comes stock on some hoses near the tb. Well I went out and bought a flex steel braid kit for $40. This is no ricer crap. Its $40 and looks good. Only thing is how should I install it? Do I need to take off the hose to slide it over? Or do I just cut a slit like wire loom? I'm gonna have to paint it hitemp black prolly cause I don't like the silver.
Old 06-05-2005
Registered!!

CivicS is an unknown quantity at this point
i think this is what you looking for.......i'm about to buy some DEI cool-tube product...
http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp
Old 06-05-2005

You're gonna have to take off the existing hose and either replace it with the new stainless steel one or slide it over top of the existing hose.
Old 06-05-2005
Premium Member

hmm i'm too lazy for that. I'll just try and cut it. bah
Old 06-05-2005
Premium Member

Originally Posted by CivicS
i think this is what you looking for.......i'm about to buy some DEI cool-tube product...
http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp
thanks but those are for wires. It would be very bad to insulate radiator hoses and they get too hot. I think the stuff I got is good cause it has some holes. It will keep some heat off at least.
Old 06-05-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
u gonna take some pix after you get it all done?
Old 06-05-2005
Premium Member

ya I went ahead and painted em black and replaced the stock one on top too. The plastic one had stuck to parts of the hose
Old 06-05-2005

Originally Posted by gearbox
hmm i'm too lazy for that. I'll just try and cut it. bah
If you cut the stainless braided lines then it can unravel.
Old 06-05-2005
Premium Member

nah they're fine. I'll just hide that part. Altho I'm worried the paint might do funny things when I bend it. Hmm we'll see. I'm gonna go try and put em on. pics coming....
Old 06-05-2005
Premium Member

didn't work. paint came off.
Old 06-05-2005
Registered!!

Drk01Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
thanks but those are for wires. It would be very bad to insulate radiator hoses and they get too hot. I think the stuff I got is good cause it has some holes. It will keep some heat off at least.

DEI stuff is great. I have it on my turbo oil lines and it works perfect. I'm sure your radiator hoses would be fine in it.