Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Kamikaze Header Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03CivicEX4Door is an unknown quantity at this point
Kamikaze Header Help

started to install my kamikaze header on my 03 ex sedan, took off factory manifold. got the kamikaze header in place only to find out it wilkl not fit into place. It's hitting the alternator and the ac lines. Is their any 1 else out their that has my car and installed this header ? Need Help Please
Old 06-04-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
strange. Mine went right in. can you post a pic of where you're having trouble? Did they send you the wrong one or what. The ex is just the top part with the four tubes.

Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

jamie_civic is an unknown quantity at this point
you probly have the lx/dx header, the ex is only the top, theres no way anything could get in the way.
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

heres the part number HCH15008C i don't know how to post picks, and i put it back together.

Last edited by 03CivicEX4Door; 06-04-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

midnightblueEX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
wow thats a nice header. I want one.
Old 06-04-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
it gives more performance than the generic or dc sports header too. Good mid range. But thats the right part number. I don't know? You could unscrew and move the lines if they're in the way. Just look for the bolts.
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

Why is this pick so big, How do i resize it.

I figured out what the problem was, I loosened the ac line bracket and moved it out of the way, and found that theirs a little plastic box on the top of the alternator i removed the off the backet and the header went right inplace like butter.

Last edited by 03CivicEX4Door; 06-04-2005 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-04-2005
Premium Member

you just have to loosen some bolts and move it over. Just move it slowly. Nothing should break. It shouldn't be that far over.
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
^^agreed... that doesn't look right?! maybe it's just me...
Old 06-04-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like the fitment of my TSI turbo manifold, haha. I was gonna say, time to bust out the dremel and start shaving for a couple hours, hehe.. Glad you got it on.
Old 06-04-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
had no prob with mine, except for snapping the two top bolts thanks to a piece of **** torque wrench. Someday I'll get them fixed. My mechanic said it's not leaking and I've been running like that for months now.

Last edited by Redline04; 06-04-2005 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-04-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that the ceramic finish you guys have?
Old 06-04-2005
Premium Member

yah hi luster caramic Don't worry your new one will fade to silver and won't be shiny in a few months.
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

i got it fixed once i figured out what was wrong. Should i use the gasket that was on the factory manifold or get a new one ? Whats the torque value of the 2 bolt's and 3 nut's. Will i notice any increases ?
Old 06-04-2005
Premium Member

i noticed a difference compared to generic ebay header I had. You should use a new gasket because it seals with heat. I reused mine and now its leaking a little. I believe those bolts are only 18ft/lbs or something. Just do em tight but not too tight. Little more than spark pluigs.
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
yeah the old gasket will form to the nicks and runs in the header it as on.. once u switch it may not reform then it will leak like a siv
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

scizod is an unknown quantity at this point
quick question.....

What else would I need with the kamikaze header. Did it come with a downpipe? I have a 03 ex coupe automatic. Can someone tell me the web site for Kamikaze. I want to get the kamikaze header with downpipe and highflow cat. Is that what I need or does the header come with a downpipe? Thanks
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

The haeder does not come with a down pipe or high flow cat just the header. I ordered mine from mmrusa.com it took ab 6 weeks for the date i placed the order. As for a new down pipe and high flow cat, megan makes a down pipe for our car's but it has a resignator insted of a cat. I sugest Random Technology cat that's what i'm getting, they make 1 sepcally for our car but i donn if it comes with a down pipe. I decided to go with a custom exhaust 2 1/4 stainless randon tech cat and apexi n1 muffler. buy the way if you order the header and for some reason you decide you don't want it you can't return it they have a no return policy.

http://www.kamikazeperformance.com/s...hop/index.html

Last edited by 03CivicEX4Door; 06-04-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gearbox
yah hi luster caramic Don't worry your new one will fade to silver and won't be shiny in a few months.
I've had mine for over a year still shines like new
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

where should i get that gasket from, my honda dealer or an auto part's store ?
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

I got mine here http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...OLD+%28SOHC%29
370505 002 1 Gasket, Ex. Manifold (nippon Leakless) $3.16
Old 06-04-2005
Premium Member

honda dealer for gasket. I got my header from www.bigjoshracing.com
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

same here ^^^ www.Bigjoshracing.com
Old 06-04-2005
Premium Member

so to the first poster, did you feel any gains from it?
Old 06-05-2005
Registered!!

scizod is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 03CivicEX4Door
The haeder does not come with a down pipe or high flow cat just the header. I ordered mine from mmrusa.com it took ab 6 weeks for the date i placed the order. As for a new down pipe and high flow cat, megan makes a down pipe for our car's but it has a resignator insted of a cat. I sugest Random Technology cat that's what i'm getting, they make 1 sepcally for our car but i donn if it comes with a down pipe. I decided to go with a custom exhaust 2 1/4 stainless randon tech cat and apexi n1 muffler. buy the way if you order the header and for some reason you decide you don't want it you can't return it they have a no return policy.

http://www.kamikazeperformance.com/s...hop/index.html
Stupid question but does the down pipe bolt up directly to the catback exhaust or do I have to order a cat. I have a Tenabe Hyper Super Medalion. Does the megan downpipe bolt up directly to the header or is there modifications needed.
Old 06-05-2005
Registered!!

i think it will bolt directly to the header but it does not have a cat. i kinda need the gasket right now gotta go to work tmr night i need to get my car back up and running

Last edited by 03CivicEX4Door; 06-05-2005 at 07:36 PM.