Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Look what I got!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005
Sounds like a serial killer. Is that what you are?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coperandy731 will become famous soon enoughcoperandy731 will become famous soon enough
Look what I got!!!

Going to shop to get this sh@t installed tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cam 001.jpg
Views:	1089
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	53785   Click image for larger version

Name:	cam 002.jpg
Views:	1080
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	53786   Click image for larger version

Name:	cam 003.jpg
Views:	1098
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	53787   Click image for larger version

Name:	cam 004.jpg
Views:	1102
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	53788  
Old 05-10-2005

coperandy731 will become famous soon enoughcoperandy731 will become famous soon enough
This is the turbo spec cam.
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
hopefully it goes well
Old 05-10-2005
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Nice, are you gunna get it dynoed? and has it been dynoed prior?
Old 05-10-2005
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
sweet how much did it run you|? and how much is the shop gonna charge to put it in?
Old 05-10-2005

No it has not been tuned but I am planning on getting it done within the month. The cam was 375.00 and the spring and retainer kit was 302.00. Whatever flat rate is on remove and replace cam and valve springs.
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

Skunk2ner is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet! i'm going to buy the N/A cam, springs and retainers! i can't wait to find out how this works out on your vic.
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

Drk01Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in the process of purchasing an EX head right now. After that it's time for a PnP and then I'll be doing the same thing you are. Good luck, I can't wait for your results.
Old 05-11-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Skunk2ner
sweet! i'm going to buy the N/A cam, springs and retainers! i can't wait to find out how this works out on your vic.
An N/A will be pointless unless your going BIG all motor app.......Save your money. If you want to ger decent power of your D17 either turbo or go n2o with decent fuel management.

Good luck with the cam........Let us know how it responds.
Old 05-11-2005

Dropped it off this morning at the shop. Will let you guys know as soon as it's done.
Old 05-11-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dezod
An N/A will be pointless unless your going BIG all motor app.......Save your money. If you want to ger decent power of your D17 either turbo or go n2o with decent fuel management.

Good luck with the cam........Let us know how it responds.

well i planned on getting rods, H/C pistons, D16Y8 I/M (and hondata gasket if it would work), P&P... etc. i know it will cost a lot, but it's what i want to do. god knows why.
Old 05-11-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
damn I hope you dont get *** raped on the labor.
Old 05-11-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
thats tight let us know how it goes
Old 05-11-2005
Registered!!

Vantage should not be trusted
My shop only charged me 250 canadian to get the springs and retainers installed on my old CRX. and that was for a DOHC cam engine, so u shouldnt be that much. Retainers and springs is something u dont wanna **** up by doing urself, so may as well get the pro's to do it, and set valve lash and **** while they are down there.
Old 05-12-2005
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
just saved them specs, holla and some good and beneficial rep for u
Old 05-12-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
was that one a regrind? or was that the brand new one everyone was talkin about a while back?
Old 05-12-2005

Originally Posted by Ashhole
was that one a regrind? or was that the brand new one everyone was talkin about a while back?
This is one of the new cams not a regrind.
Old 05-12-2005

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by C2i0v0i1C
just saved them specs, holla and some good and beneficial rep for u
Thanks for the rep. As you could tell I really needed that.

I will be checking with the shop today to see their progress. Hopefully by the end of the day she'll be ready.
Old 05-12-2005
Registered!!

GaryC17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn that's sweet !!!
Old 05-12-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
Let us know how it goes!
Old 05-12-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Skunk2ner
well i planned on getting rods, H/C pistons, D16Y8 I/M (and hondata gasket if it would work), P&P... etc. i know it will cost a lot, but it's what i want to do. god knows why.
I'd say you'd be lucky to break the 135 WHP mark with all of those mods. Good luck. This is not a powerful enough motor to run all motor. H22, K20, B18....those are good Honda/Acura motors than can be bored and stroked to create decent power. Look at the platforms they start with ......Look at what we have......

But....like I stated previously, our car does respond quite well to boost and N20.

The ECU, axles and lack of aftermarket support is what kills it for even bigger numbers.
Old 05-12-2005
Registered!!

I'd say you'd be lucky to break the 135 WHP mark with all of those mods. Good luck. This is not a powerful enough motor to run all motor. H22, K20, B18....those are good Honda/Acura motors than can be bored and stroked to create decent power. Look at the platforms they start with ......Look at what we have......

But....like I stated previously, our car does respond quite well to boost and N20.

The ECU, axles and lack of aftermarket support is what kills it for even bigger numbers.

i'm not really looking for all THAT much power, 135 whp would be sweet. i'm just going to try it out. you can all call me idiot when i do it, but i want an N/A D17.
Old 05-12-2005
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
My advise is skip the intake manifold, pistons and rods for now. invest in that head pnp, cam, springs/ret. cam gear, good race header like HP or dc when it becomes available. and either e manage or vafc piggy back computer.+ tuning you will be in there for the 135 mark. I am 4-5 mph faster in the 1/4 mile since my 125.7 whp dyno run. so i am close to that without the cam.
Just keep your goals realistic and have fun.
Old 05-12-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
I think high compression pistons + rods are good for an n/a buildup ... couple those with pnp head, cs2 cams/retainers/springs, aem ems ... and you're good to go
Old 05-12-2005

The shop got caught up in another project they have going but said it would be ready by Saturday. Can't wait!!
Old 05-12-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
^ why not DIY?
Old 05-12-2005

I could do it but I work from 8:30 pm til 8:30 am. so not much time except for sleeping. anyways TIMING is too important to f**k up. know what I mean?
Old 05-12-2005
Premium Member

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
I think high compression pistons + rods are good for an n/a buildup ... couple those with pnp head, cs2 cams/retainers/springs, aem ems ... and you're good to go
I agree. Those would be ideal, but money wise I would save them for last. If you are up to spending the final 2 or 3 thousand to finish it up then go for it.
But seperate or even just rods and pistons the gains would be minimal without ems and tuning. Thats a fat chunk of change.
Old 05-12-2005
Registered!!

kezay is an unknown quantity at this point

That's quite a nice way to try and encourage people to go boost over N\A, but did anyone ever go the full N\A route as yet????? NO
So only until someone goes all out motor.. then we can judge what the D17 is really worth.
Old 05-12-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
w o w...

no comment