Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Anyone have the AEM SRI?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I know intakes wont add horsepower. I was looking to add something to make the car SOUND meaner from inside since everyone laughs now since its so fawking loud and has no power.

but i dont want to lose too much low end power!
Old 05-03-2005
Back From The Banned!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
but...... intakes do add HP, but with a Dseries motor, not much, especially AEM SRI or Injen SRI... thats all. I personally always enjoyed the sound of intakes more than exhausts.... especially on 6+ cylinder cars.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

N_reverie is an unknown quantity at this point
I HATE THE INTERNET. I come on to these forums and everyone is saying that buying a 30$ SRI off ebay will give the same performance as 211$ SRI. Then I go to another forum and they allsay no way. If I get a 30$ SRI off ebay, will I be robbed of any power? especially low end?
Old 05-03-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
most intakes, especially cold air will rob low end..... also, each forum is different, and each car is different... so more research is necessary on your part. And in some cases, "you get what you pay for".
Old 05-03-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Ebay intakes are just crappy. They don't fit right, filter is junk, metal pipes, etc. Just poor quality. But we're talkin 1hp vs 4hp with a good brand. The highest I've seen an intake add is 4.6whp on our cars from K&N, and that's at 6200rpm.
Old 05-03-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gearbox
Ebay intakes are just crappy. They don't fit right, filter is junk, metal pipes, etc. Just poor quality. But we're talkin 1hp vs 4hp with a good brand. The highest I've seen an intake add is 4.6whp on our cars from K&N, and that's at 6200rpm.
and i bet its BS anyway. The D17 hates bolt-ons. maybe 4 at the crank but 4 whp, probably not! dyno proven = once in a million fluke cought on record
Old 05-03-2005
Back From The Banned!

Originally Posted by diskreet
and i bet its BS anyway. The D17 hates bolt-ons. maybe 4 at the crank but 4 whp, probably not! dyno proven = once in a million fluke cought on record
I wish there were more dyno sheets like back in the earlier years of 7thgen.... and I wish I could afford a dyno.
Not to be off topic or anything..... many newbs come in and ask about intakes. THis forum has gotten so big that either we tell ppl to search or tell them "get whatever you want". And it really does come down to "get whatever you want".
I apologize for going off topic.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

I dont have permission to delete my own posts? SORRY.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

Ok, well I just bid on an AEM SRI on ebay for 25$ I figure that if I notice any significant loss, I can sell it to some kid for 35$. I'll just flirt the AEM sticker on it, maybe give him the AEM license plate holder that comes with it. I'll get it within a week and post any differences in this thread if its still going.
Old 05-03-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya if you want a good sound, k&n is pretty good. I just don't like the noise. The aem was so ricey and loud.
Old 05-07-2005
Registered!!

driftngrip is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by umbs2006
dude tons of sellers for your part, should be a great price. Just go to Tunermarket

http://www.tunermarket.com/Search_De...ProductID=5683
I like this service, it's pretty cool to have a collection of shops together. I think they even give $10 for writing product reviews on their site.

nice find.
Old 05-08-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
My DX with AEM sri actually sounded a bit "meaner". It wasn't ricey at all. The exhaust on the ex and dx is different, but for me, I liked the sound. I can get it to you to try it out if you pay for shipping and packaging?
Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
it sounds good. sounds better after u get header and catback exhaust.
Old 05-08-2005

Thanks QBoi, but I am waiting on this till my other stuff is installed. I have alot of wiring to do and its not going to be the most fun. After thats done like next week or maybe even the week after, then I will either buy one or drop the idea. but thank you for your help.
Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

noVICe is an unknown quantity at this point
diskreet... i might have the polished sri by aem that you might be looking for up for sale. however im still waiting to buy a new one since the one i have isnt cosmetically perfect. some scrapes and blemishes... nothing to big but im picky and i want the pipe to look cleeeeeeeeaaaaan. let me know.

NOTE: sorry for jacking the thread
Old 05-08-2005

ill decide around the 15th, or 16th what im going to do, so ill keep everyone in mind.