Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Anyone have the AEM SRI?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Anyone have the AEM SRI?

Does it really make the car sound mean? Any louder? I know that intakes do nothing but I have some money to blow and if I could make the civic sound not gay inside I would love it!
lol I've heard people say yes but I want to hear about it from someone who has one / who heard one in our cars. Mine is 01 LX A/T so I would be getting part number 22-503P.
thanks!
Old 05-03-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
On an auto it may only sound like anything at higher rpm. Like when you romp on it.

Man.... rep me!
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
I have the same car 01 LX A/T and i just bought an ebay one coz I know theyre all the same (basically) and u will definitely hear a difference, not in idle, but when u give it some gas ull notice a difference in sound. Does anyone know why some intakes need a charger kit and some dont? or do they all need one?
Old 05-03-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
the charger kit is to improve filter airflow. Every filter should be oiled.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
OK, i think im gonna have to go out and look for one, thanx man
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

SilverSivic02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, I had an 02 LX auto with the AEM SRI, it was mean sounding. It really began to sing above 3000rpm. I could just about bring it to redline.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

noVICe is an unknown quantity at this point
yea it makes the car "sound" like it has power under the hood, sounds good though. there isn't much differece like everyone says however, if you listen you can now hear more airflow going through. ebay and aem are the same... you just dont get the aem sticker (logo) and carb legal sticker.
Old 05-03-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Ok Thanks guys for the info. I appreciate if. maybe get one now just for that. thanks for not giong on the huge tangents I usually do in all other threads about how they dont add horsepower!
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

umbs2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
dude tons of sellers for your part, should be a great price. Just go to Tunermarket

http://www.tunermarket.com/Search_De...ProductID=5683
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

02blackcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, i got an ebay intake for like $20 or so shipped, does make an improvement in sound on manuals once above around 3,000 RPM, dont know about automatics, but definetly if your on a budget like me, ebay is god, ive goten a few things off ebay and can only say good things about them
Old 05-03-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
I have one for sale that you need, $70 shipped with C.A.R.B sticker.
Old 05-03-2005
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by vtecinEX7
yea it makes the car "sound" like it has power under the hood, sounds good though. there isn't much differece like everyone says however, if you listen you can now hear more airflow going through. ebay and aem are the same... you just dont get the aem sticker (logo) and carb legal sticker.
i got my aem sri on ebay...with carb sticker and decals. I have an 03 lx a/t, the intakes is louder than my mufflers...no joke...
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

bhc786 is an unknown quantity at this point
My boy has a aem sri in his 04 Vic VP and you dont really hear any sounds till 3,000 rpm... i wish i was smart enough to get a sri because i got a cai from ebay (be here by wednesday) for my 02 lx a/t and little did i know is that a generic cai wont fit an auto tranny... hopefully some customizing would make it fit...
Old 05-03-2005
..w0rrrrrrd..

ThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the rough
I have one on my 2k1 too... sounds pretty good above 3k rpm... and when u turn the car off.. it makes a slight "hisssss" noise... even though it doesn't gain any hp.. its still awesome...lol
Old 05-03-2005

Originally Posted by QBoi
I have one for sale that you need, $70 shipped with C.A.R.B sticker.

Well this is kinda last on my list of stuff to get. First I am ordering...
Floor Mats $70 handaaccessories
All Season mats (Front only) $45 handaaccessories
Gas cap holder $5 handaaccessories

Lightning Audio Strike LS10-03 $70 cardomain
Lightning Audio Strike SCAPRT4 $10 cardomain

Wires $30 NEL&S (Abbreviation for local shop)
Power barrier strip $10 cardomain
relay + harness $5 cardomain

Autometer Cobalt Voltage Gauge 6391 $100 cardomain
autometer cobalt a/f guage 6175 $70 cardomain
dual gauge pod $30 ebay

So as you can see I have alot to get before the intake. If you still have it like next week or so then will grab it, but I do want the AEM one [model # 22-503P].
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

jjdawg22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to have it. It was okay. I like my cold air a little better, it sounds sick. when i shift it sounds like a little BOV (I often dream about turbos)
Old 05-03-2005

QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
So as you can see I have alot to get before the intake. If you still have it like next week or so then will grab it, but I do want the AEM one [model # 22-503P].

should be possible, i havent really been trying to sell it
Old 05-03-2005

Originally Posted by QBoi
should be possible, i havent really been trying to sell it
But it is that exact one? If so just give me a little while and Ill be good for it as long as you take paypal

I just want the AEM short ram polished that will fit my auto tranny.
Old 05-03-2005

Originally Posted by diskreet
But it is that exact one? If so just give me a little while and Ill be good for it as long as you take paypal

I just want the AEM short ram polished that will fit my auto tranny.

meh sorry, mine is blue. but it is AEM SRI for the lx/dx/vp, and my car was A/T
Old 05-03-2005

oh its cool. I just dont want something too crazy looking. LOL black duct tape comes to mind...

I dunno. I will think about it seriously for a few days. My last final exam is tomorrow so once thats over ill be able to take some time and truly consider it. Thanks though for the offer if nothing else!
Old 05-03-2005

Originally Posted by diskreet
oh its cool. I just dont want something too crazy looking. LOL black duct tape comes to mind...

I dunno. I will think about it seriously for a few days. My last final exam is tomorrow so once thats over ill be able to take some time and truly consider it. Thanks though for the offer if nothing else!

yup just toss me a pm.
Old 05-03-2005

Ok Like I said Ill think about it since I dunno yet, but probably not since its blue.
Old 05-03-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
how much you looking to spend on a new 1?
Old 05-03-2005

$110 shipped no more. Thats what it is on ebay at least and with something like an AEM intake its hard to fake and give crap parts. But like I said I only really want the 22-503P.
Old 05-03-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
aem sri is terrible. I had it on my auto and it makes such a ricey noise and doesn't make any power. Actually felt slower with the intake on compared to stock.
Old 05-03-2005

i dont know how it was slower unless you upgraded the exhaust. Anyway its low on the priority scale so don't worry, might not ever get done.
Old 05-03-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the intake tube (metal) would get super hot under there. low end was alot worse and the car would bog down from a stop alot. I only had the intake at the time. No other mods.
Old 05-03-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
ok, I guess no place can really beat a $110 shipped price except ebay. What is/are your reason(s) for getting it?
Old 05-03-2005

none anymore after hearing that from gearbox
Old 05-03-2005
Back From The Banned!

well, it wont hurt the car..... if youre really serious about performance, you should look elsewhere. sorry man.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the AEM SRI?