Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Polyurethane Inserts for engine mounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005
Addicted To Boost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down Polyurethane Inserts for engine mounts

If you guys have bought them then you know how much they suck, well for you guys that don't have them yet, I do not recommend them. If you drive your car only for racing purposes then they are great. It keeps the wheels on the road minimizes wheel hop with the proper suspension and they are great for 4k rpm launches. However if you use your car as a daily driver/racer dont buy em they are pain in the assssssss to drive with. The whole cabin shakes like a motherfu(ker and it's hard to get a nice smooth launch. I guess thats it. Kick me some rep points if this is news to you.
Old 02-17-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine use to shake like crazy. Then i installed the new act clutch and 8 pound flywheel, and it dosnt shake as bad.
Old 02-17-2005
Addicted To Boost

02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jeff
Mine use to shake like crazy. Then i installed the new act clutch and 8 pound flywheel, and it dosnt shake as bad.
i got excedy stage 1 clutch and clutchmasters lightwieght flywheel and it still shakes like crazy
Old 02-17-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe you should've opted for a torque dampener instead of inserts?
Old 02-17-2005
Addicted To Boost

Originally Posted by dre2600
torque dampener?? first time i heard about it, and i know a lot. maybe i dont know ebough? enlighten me
Old 02-17-2005
Registered!!

ynok20 is an unknown quantity at this point
i got esmmi in my si and i love them i can dump the clutch at any rpm and i get no wheel hop at all and for daily driving you just need the rpms a little higher when you let out the clutch
Old 02-17-2005
Jspek Inspired

aznstylez254 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dre2600
they dont make torque dampners for our cars, the only way to go with that is to custom make it yourself.

I just received my es mm today and plan to put them in sometime next week.
Old 02-17-2005
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
I posted a review on these and said that they WILL make your car shake. especially when at idle and with the AC on. I personally love mine becuase it increased the perfomance of my car by alot, but there is a trade off. I did get use to the shaking, but it took some time.

Sorry that you did not like them, I am sure that someone will buy them off of you. Infact I may know someone who would want them.
Old 02-17-2005
my civic has no boost

hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted
yeah i rode i bgoetz's car.....i dunno but it didnt bother me. i got stock suspension too so when i got in it was hard, sporty and loud.but i guess i just love that kinda thing.
Old 02-17-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
yea....they will get it shakin....and i read that they can crack easily over a short period of time
Old 02-17-2005
Registered!!

Leets is an unknown quantity at this point
Just outta curiousity... why did you buy them in the first place? What did you really think they would do?
Old 02-17-2005
Banned

You would get more hp to the ground on a launch. There is a big difference. I would also be willing to say that you get more hp to the wheels at WOT due to the fact that the engine does not shift at all so there is no loss of energy.
Old 02-17-2005
Registered!!

isuzu5000 will become famous soon enoughisuzu5000 will become famous soon enough
my friend put them in his gsr...and it shook really bad for the first few hundred miles. then it seems like everytime you got in it after a while it got less and less over time. i guess you've just gotta break em in.
Old 02-17-2005
Banned

To give you an idea watch your engine while a friend floors you car. Everytime he hits the gas the engine shifts and energy is lost (energy that could have went to the wheels and then to the ground). My engine, it does not move one bit.
Old 02-17-2005

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
yea, same, my friend put them in when he put a swap in his del sol, you put your hand on the cabin and you can feel it shake like a ****
Old 02-17-2005
Registered!!

Leets is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by bgoetz
You would get more hp to the ground on a launch. There is a big difference. I would also be willing to say that you get more hp to the wheels at WOT due to the fact that the engine does not shift at all so there is no loss of energy.
Yes, but how do some people expect this to magically happen? I'm glad someone posted this so that more people will be exposed to this. I just can't imagine why people are so surprised when they find out that polyurethane transmits more energy into the body of the vehicle. Why is it so hard to believe that stiffening the connection between the motor and the frame would increase the amount of vibration being transmitted?
Old 02-17-2005
Banned

yeah, that is a given, but I think that some people just don't know how much. I love mine, "feels like I'm drivin ah real live raceum car"
Old 02-17-2005
Addicted To Boost

Originally Posted by Leets
Yes, but how do some people expect this to magically happen? I'm glad someone posted this so that more people will be exposed to this. I just can't imagine why people are so surprised when they find out that polyurethane transmits more energy into the body of the vehicle. Why is it so hard to believe that stiffening the connection between the motor and the frame would increase the amount of vibration being transmitted?
dont get me wrong guys i love em and wouldnt sell them or trade them i just made this quick post because i think these things are useless for daily drivers, and basically my point was that there is a lot shaking going on and i guess its just another thing i have to get used to. Oh and also i wanted to warn guys that are planning on buying them.
Old 02-18-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
It will get a little better with time and launching. I have had mine for about 5 months and it is not as bad as when they where new.
Old 02-18-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
when I had my CRX I used those for a month then thru them in the trash
Old 02-18-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
didn't someone post about the ones from Energy doesn't fit properly without trimming?
Old 02-18-2005
Addicted To Boost

Originally Posted by wonderz
didn't someone post about the ones from Energy doesn't fit properly without trimming?
mine fit perfectly, i havent installed the engine mount insert just the tranny one
Old 05-04-2005
Registered!!

skydog is an unknown quantity at this point
hey-
If you do any hard launches, you should consider these inserts first, then a damper. My little brother recently broke (read exploded) the upper mount on the accessory side of my engine. I dont think I can put the blame squarely on my brother, though. If you do drag launches at your local track, and floor the gas pedal at every light, It is only a matter of time before you break something. Remember, a broken mount could mean breaking more expensive stuff.

A set of inserts for 20 to 30 bucks is good insurance if you ask me. If you try them and want something different, then you could spend a little more dough on an engine damper.

If you are worried about vibration vs. performance, go to the I.C.E. section and live there.
Old 06-23-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, I broke a few mounts already. I installed these a couple weeks ago, but havent driven my car yet. I have a new clutch installed as well. I cant wait to feel how much my car grips now. its gonna be sick. Vibration will be fine to live with. I need my wheels to stay planted as nicely as they can and get as much power to the wheels as I can.