Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

NGK v-power sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
If you are already using synthetic I see no need to have additives in your oil.
Old 07-02-2004
He can only tell us white people apart by the tone of our skin.

reytito is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm i just got the v-power coppers cuz i'm going to run n20. i know copper is recommended and even NX suggests you use the NGK copper v-power, cuz its 2 degrees colder. am i still alright? i currently have denso IK20s.... sorry for the temporary highjack...but any help would be more than appreciated.
Old 07-02-2004
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have always heard that that white build up on the plug means that it is burning perfect!?!? You should go to a mechanic that you know or maybe you have a friend that knows a good mechanic and let him know what's going on...I have always been told that if you have the white build up, it's ok...If you have a black/burnt build up, it's bad...I'll see if I can do a little more research for you on this
Old 07-02-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen sites all over with white buildup being bad. My engine was running like poo with those plugs in. I thought white means lean a/f, timing advanced too far, or plugs can't hold up to the heat.
Old 07-02-2004
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
A perfect plug should have a light tan color to it. little if any deposits.
Take your car to a reputable import mechanic, and have them double check the cam timing and make sure everything is lined up properly. This should only run 40 bux or so for them just to look. Untill you know for sure that this is lined up correctly, you will have no idea whats going on. All of your plug/fuel/idle problems may be caused by cam timing being off.
Old 07-02-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
The iridiums were a dark brown/tan color. And I don't know how you're running with all that fuel added. I only turned mine up to +4 max and the car was barely moving. Felt like I lost 10hp or more. With it turned off, the car feels better.
Old 07-02-2004
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
with mine turned up, it was still running lean. I may have a problem with my vafc2. I wont know for sure untill someone gets to a dyno, and either confirms that i am the one with the problem or not.
Old 07-02-2004
Premium Member

I've been thinking about this...and porting the head doesn't seem like it would provide that much more air over stock. And shouldn't the cel come on if the a/f was wrong? I'm just confused by the whole thing. But until I find out about my car, the vafc is staying off.