Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

My DH Ported Head (PICS)!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation My DH Ported Head (PICS)!

I just received the ported head that will be going on my stock civic soon. Let me know what you guys think.

Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah 1st person to reply to this thread!

I'm chatting with you right now

I don't know anything about this, so I don't know if it looks good or bad, but it's good that you got your thing.
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool stuff... do you have pics of what the head looked like before?
Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Old head is still on the car. I'll get some pics before I send it back, though.
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks really good, not so much styrofoam as the last fellow who posted pics of his DH-modded head.
Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member

Well, there was alot of styrofoam pieces, but the head itself was wrapped in a bag. It looks really clean. There's some slight rust around the edges (not in the ports), but some cleaner should remove that. Looks great overall.
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks real nice. Cant wait to see the results on these
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

AZNRACR is on a distinguished road
Let us know how it is once you get it on.
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

nivenmk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice, can't wait for the butt-dyno after this install
Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
SO what are your plans, being that your putting it on a stock engine....turbo?
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
I wanna see the other side of those valves to see how the valve seating is.
Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member

Can't u see it by the last pic. You can see how the seating is even frmo the under shot, just look at the angle they are coming in.
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

I did not say they were not even, I want to see them. The last DH head I saw in person had some messed up valve seats!
Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member

REALLY? Was it sent back and did they fix it?
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

Well, the seats were not the only thing wrong. The cam they used required the head to be shaved a bit and they did not do it and the cam hit the head also, along with their port job that was rough and uneven on the throttle body and head ports.

The kid ended up having another shop do it all the right way and he sent his head back, they sent him a new one, and he sold it on ebay.

This was a 6th gen by the way.

I know DH has pulle some goodnumbers in the past but after seeing that, they have A LOT to prove to me before I will ever use one fo their parts.
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

lid6662 is an unknown quantity at this point
When are u going to install that?
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by bobbyd
Well, the seats were not the only thing wrong. The cam they used required the head to be shaved a bit and they did not do it and the cam hit the head also, along with their port job that was rough and uneven on the throttle body and head ports.

The kid ended up having another shop do it all the right way and he sent his head back, they sent him a new one, and he sold it on ebay.

This was a 6th gen by the way.

I know DH has pulle some goodnumbers in the past but after seeing that, they have A LOT to prove to me before I will ever use one fo their parts.

That's why I'm glad that I had someone I know do my head work....I hope that the people here don't have the same problem as that kid...I really would like to see some positivity from DH, but it isn't looking so good right now. We will see
Old 04-02-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
head looks good so far. cant wait to see some dyno results
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

packer5346 is an unknown quantity at this point
ditto
Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member

I'm taking it to a shop soon to have it looked at, but I think I might wait a few weeks for a friend to help me in Chicago. Not sure yet. If it makes good power, I'm not planning on anything else as far as engine work. Just looking for some extra hp. I will be getting it tuned with VAFCII after the head gets installed.

I'll try and get more pics from behind the valves, although it's difficult to get a good angle.
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by cwick187
That's why I'm glad that I had someone I know do my head work....I hope that the people here don't have the same problem as that kid...I really would like to see some positivity from DH, but it isn't looking so good right now. We will see
Yeah, I hope the outcome is positive as well. A lot of guy on here argue with me that DH has made all of these great cars with good numbers but I have to remind them that KMS did also. And they all jump on KMS and paied $500 for an intake that lost them ponies.
Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member

Yeah, DH is a relatively new company and it will take time for them to get going. Josh has always been helpful on the site and was on every day to answer our questions. I'm looking forward to seeing what their head can do. Other members that have it installed have said good things about it so far.
Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member

The valve pic looks like there are bumps on it, but it's just the lighting. I felt them and they're all smooth. I'm gonna inspect some more later.
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

Goku is an unknown quantity at this point
IT looks good so far goodluck man
Old 04-02-2004

2k1sohc is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't wait to see a dyno of a stock car with a PnP head. Hope it gives you good hp!
Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member

I hope so, too. And everything is stock, although I have a body kit and some stereo stuff that would weigh the car down. I'll be getting the head tuned with VAFCII to make sure air/fuel mixture is optimized.
Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
hey gearbox here is a little tip for ya..... take out the aluminum plug on the center cam holder and blow it out. its an oil passage that may have a little sand in it from when the head was blasted. Its held in with an o ring.
Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member

Which pic can I see it in? Thanks for your help.
Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member

what's the point of opening up the flow in your head, when nothing before that has been opened up. I think you may be dissapointed in your gain with JUST the head. Maybe intake mani/tb and head would be a better option.
Old 04-02-2004
Premium Member

I've thought about that, and I bet I/H/E would make more of a difference. It still should have some gain, since air is flowing through the engine better. That is, if the engine is the limiting factor.

I'm sure if the head shows good gains, I will be going back for more parts. I'm glad I decided against turbo.

Quick Reply: My DH Ported Head (PICS)!