Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

dc tcs plz respond

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ninerfan17 is an unknown quantity at this point
dc tcs plz respond

I am looking to buy a dc tcs exhaust and was wonder who has the best deals? So far everywere i have checked has had it for 500 or more.
Old 01-03-2004
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a search button up on top man hit that
Old 01-03-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Try PM "Dezod" for price on dc tcs. He will give you nice deal.
adventon.com
Try www.aieonline.com, or email them for a quote at adam@aieonline.com
www.tornactive.com

Last edited by civicvtec1ps; 01-03-2004 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-03-2004
Registered!!

tbone2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
i got mine from nopi. dont buy it from them. i had my pants brought down.
Old 01-04-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
NOOOOOO!!!! NOT TCS!!!
Old 01-04-2004
Registered!!

tbone2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by dru106
NOOOOOO!!!! NOT TCS!!!
why?
Old 01-04-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
I explained it soo many times im tired of tellin why i dont like it
Old 01-04-2004
Registered!!

EternalVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
whats wrong with it? I loved mine, there was nothing about it i disliked. Sounded good, quality was good, price was a little steep, but the quality was there to back it up. DC TCS
Old 01-04-2004
Banned by Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Master should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trusted
I realy do think we need to take the search button away cause no one seems to use it.
Old 01-04-2004
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
People say you get no gain from the TCS. That's just what I've heard. Of course, if all you care about is sound then who cares, but for people who want performance this is a problem. Also I heard it weighs like 50lbs or something.
Old 01-04-2004
Registered!!

BlueRevs is an unknown quantity at this point
one to two hp from other exhaust the only differences in the exhaust for our cars is the fricken sound. Any exhaust will only vary one to two hp! and sticking to the damn subject i got mine from import-store.com but they dont do any business any more i dont think, so dont order from them
Old 01-04-2004
Registered!!

zzzzzzzzzv is an unknown quantity at this point
http://s87863065.onlinehome.us/tcs.asf

tcs is bomb
Old 01-05-2004
Registered!!

ninerfan17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey dru106, could u explain why u dislike the dc tcs, for us newer members. The reason why i am going with that instead of greddy or tanube is in so cal u will get pulled over if u have them. I have two friends who have evos and two friends who have tanube and all of them have been pulled over several times.
Old 01-06-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
People have their own opinions on products. People like to jump on the band wagon and dis product they have never tried and heard someone else talk about it. Yes, the tcs is a good system. I love the way it sounds and looks on my car. However, it weighs 50lbs and has 2 180 degree bends. Thats how the exhaust gets its awsome tone.

www.robearracing.com same as www.tornactive.com
www.dezodmotorsports.com

Try looking in the GB section on this site.
Old 01-06-2004
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by ninerfan17
Hey dru106, could u explain why u dislike the dc tcs, for us newer members. The reason why i am going with that instead of greddy or tanube is in so cal u will get pulled over if u have them. I have two friends who have evos and two friends who have tanube and all of them have been pulled over several times.
If they got pulled over for the sound, I heard that the GReddy comes with a sound-vioaltion exemption paper [or something like that]. Supposedly, it exempts you from getting a ticket due to the sound laws here in Cali. That's why I choose to get the Evo2 when I get the money.
Old 01-06-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

Originally posted by Green Civic
People have their own opinions on products. People like to jump on the band wagon and dis product they have never tried and heard someone else talk about it. Yes, the tcs is a good system. I love the way it sounds and looks on my car. However, it weighs 50lbs and has 2 180 degree bends. Thats how the exhaust gets its awsome tone.

www.robearracing.com same as www.tornactive.com
www.dezodmotorsports.com

Try looking in the GB section on this site.
Ive had it before and I had all sorts of problems like the pipe hittin the sway bar and the exhaust melting my bumper . Look at the way its designed....it has to goto all that loop and 2 mufflers !! GHEY!! I think the TCS is all looks and it costs waaaaaay too much. I think the TCS is straightly just for looks. I know u dont get much HP with exhaust systems but this TCS is the lamest thing ive ever seen.
Old 01-06-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
IBTL!!!
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

Dru, did you have it with a body kit? I've driven with it for 10k+ miles and haven't even started to melt. I've had no problems with it. I have yet to go to the track or dyno it. I felt good gains when I installed my exhaust. What sway bar did you have?
Old 01-07-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
I LOVE mine
Old 01-07-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

Originally posted by Green Civic
Dru, did you have it with a body kit? I've driven with it for 10k+ miles and haven't even started to melt. I've had no problems with it. I have yet to go to the track or dyno it. I felt good gains when I installed my exhaust. What sway bar did you have?

Heres a pic of my car on the hoist. The TCS was brunin it. It got worse . I'll never like anything thats DC........DC just plain sux!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	car.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	17596  
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

I dont know why it was doing that. Mine looks exactly the same as yours. I havent found any burnt or melting on the stock bumper. How long was it on your car? I like the exhaust and header. I havent used the intake, so I wouldnt know. I agree about the way dc sports have their strut bars setup. I dont agree on the multiple pieces.
Old 01-07-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

forgot....maybe a yr
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

2k2vtecEX is an unknown quantity at this point
i wrecked my civic and got rid of the tcs for an AEPXi N1 i like it better its a lot lighter too
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

before i got my TCS, i saw a few threads saying that its a wise idea to heat the hagers on the rear section and pull them up(toward you). this will drop the muffler to the height you want plus it helps center the tip in the bumpers cut out area(if you care or do it right)

personally, i loved my exhaust and had no problems with it except for when i installed my RSX rear sway bar, but again, i saw on a few threads that the DC system is the only one that hits an aftermarket bar and i made the decision to live with it, it didnt do it all the time anyway.

now, if you say that DC sucks, youre also saying that Spoon sucks cause they have a muffler that is made pretty similar to the DC system. i dont hear anyone knocking that system except when it comes to price.

besides, on civics, the exhaust could have 1000 180 degree bends in it, you still would have the same power as before. DC dynoed an ex with the DAC, header, and TCS and got a total of 5 HP out of it, that means, at most the TCS is makin 2 HP. btw, all the other systems available make the same power, give or take .5 HP none of those figures are able to be felt on the "Butt" dyno, so whats the big deal?
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

BTW, you must not think DC totally sucks cause it looks like you have the lower rear tie bar
Old 01-07-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
before i got my TCS, i saw a few threads saying that its a wise idea to heat the hagers on the rear section and pull them up(toward you). this will drop the muffler to the height you want plus it helps center the tip in the bumpers cut out area(if you care or do it right)
I came up with an even better solution. Stop in just about any exhaust shop and i bet they will have some old ruber hangers laying around. I changed just one of mine to one about 1 " longer this lowered it enough to clear the body kit . By changuing just one it also moved the exhaust to a more centered loaction in the exhaust cut out area.
Old 01-07-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

Originally posted by EternalVTEC
BTW, you must not think DC totally sucks cause it looks like you have the lower rear tie bar
Haha!! Yeah you caught me on that one. Well I didnt know any better at the time. I wouldve gotten somethin else if i wouldve known how sorry DC was. So yeah im stuck on that part