Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

ordering DC TCS

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003
Pro Skater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blue03civic is an unknown quantity at this point
ordering DC TCS

hey im purchasing the dc tcs full cat back tommrow but i wanna make sure i get the best price from it. so far the cheapest i found was $482 from adventon.com which i think is pretty good b/c so far wat ive seen was around $500 something to start. is there any place that sells this for cheaper? ne info would be awesome
thanx
Old 11-14-2003
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Noooooooooo!!!! Why TCS??? Oh well its ur car
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

SlickCivic2K3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ordering DC TCS

Originally posted by blue03civic
hey im purchasing the dc tcs full cat back tommrow but i wanna make sure i get the best price from it. so far the cheapest i found was $482 from adventon.com which i think is pretty good b/c so far wat ive seen was around $500 something to start. is there any place that sells this for cheaper? ne info would be awesome
thanx
Remember, do not forget to calculate shipping. The initial price may be lower, but after shipping and tax (if you are in CA). I bought the TCS, but not from adventon.com. Try www.aieonline.com, or email them for a quote at adam@aieonline.com They were the cheapest I have seen so far.

By the way, dru106, the TCS is not a bad exhaust. It actually performs well and has a good deep sound to it. It is just loud enough, but not too loud for the inner cabin. I used to have the Greddy Evo, but it was too loud for me in the cabin. The Greddy had some good low end, and the DC has good high-end power. Have you tried using the TCS? More than likely, no. So don't knock something, unless you tried it.

Last edited by SlickCivic2K3; 11-14-2003 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-14-2003
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
whas wrong with the tcs?
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

SlickCivic2K3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by xRiCeBoYx
whas wrong with the tcs?
Nothing is wrong with the TCS, it's just a person trying to get another post by blurting out what he/she does not know or does not have first hand experience with the TCS.
Old 11-14-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
tcs is a piece of **** exhaust ... very restrictive, but oh well ... your money

slickcivic: yes, dru106 HAD the dc tcs ... it sucks ****in ****, that's why he switched to invidia. and yep, he's knockin cuz he -has- tried it hehe
Old 11-14-2003
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Dude!! I had the TCS. It heavy plus it has to go through all that extra piping and goin through 2 mufflers!! WTF is that?? Please explain
Old 11-14-2003
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I heard it weighs like 50lbs.

But then again I have no idea how much the stock exhaust weighs.
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

reflekt is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, exactly what dru and azyboysfr said..

i dont understand the DC TCS exhaust. and to think, it was designed by DC too, which is a very reputable company.

but it goes through two loops, at 90 degrees. wouldn't it be obvious that the best exhaust is a non-restrictive free-flowing straight-through exhaust? (haha, how did u like those 3 hyphenated words). i mean, isnt the point of getting our intakes, headers, and catbacks...to free up the restrictive stock i/h/e setup? how would adding in two 90 degree angles benefit that? the greddy is actually very quiet, and completely straight through, like any other exhaust. i hav the greddy evo and love it. perfect level of sound. i guess ppl buy the DC TCS exhaust for it's sound?

i seriously do not understand how the DC TCS can be a good exhaust. could someone please explain how. haha.
Old 11-14-2003
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by reflekt
non-restrictive free-flowing straight-through exhaust? (haha, how did u like those 3 hyphenated words). i
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

Code-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone have a performance test done with all the available exhaust systems by an unbiased company or group to show which is actually the best exhaust for 7th gens?

I have a DC TCS exhaust w/ header and intake, I can feel the difference so I know it's doing something right, lol. If theres a better system, I'd like to know; and not just from people who don't have facts to back them up. Getting power is pretty hard, I have a 2002 SiG Coupe, so if I can gain even alittle bit more, I'll listen.
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sure that you wouldn't be able to tell a difference with any exhaust for our cars unless you have Forced Induction... My friend bought the Tanabe exhaust and I couldn't tell no difference between my car and his. If your not planning on going FI, just go by what you want in sound...
Old 11-14-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
sure, you won't notice anything if you stare at your speedo. instead, stare at your tach ... because that'll give you a more accurate reading of how much faster your rpms rise

sure, the dc tcs will give you gains over stock ... but any other exhaust system would give you better gains. in my opinion, the obx catback would give you better flow than the tanabe ... just because of the design. I have the tanabe srm and I've seen the obx ... it may or may not perform better, but just from looking at them, the obx is a better (straighter) design
Old 11-14-2003

Novaz3 is an unknown quantity at this point
can someone please clear this up, so which is better the DCS, tanabe, or EVO???? to be honest i really dont want any performance from my exhaust i really just want one to sound like i could be going fast. I have come to realize my Civic DX is not a fire breathing monster so everything i do to her is strictly for show.

"ALL SHOW NO GO"
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
the DC has one of the best sounding exhausts on the market for our cars. It's not loud, but does have a nice deep tone to it many desire. Unlike a lot of the others on the market that have a loud obnoxious sound. But yes the weight is around 50lbs and it is NOT the BEST performance exhaust, but then again you're looking at a mox of 1-2hp difference with other exhausts on the market. Unless you go forced induction.
Old 11-14-2003

http://www.newsfilter.org/user_submi...movie_256k.wmv

paris hilton video clip, only catch you need WMV to view it
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

Code-E is an unknown quantity at this point
uuummm......ya, that did answer the exhaust question, LOL.
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought the tcs was a joke performance wise also and was unhappy i bought it, until i saw a dyno run of the exhaust coupled with the dc header which everyone also says does nothing. the two alone arent very good performance wise, but the two together (along with an aem cold air intake) put down 125 hp at the wheels. not to bad. was better than the other persons setup with aem cai and tanabe exhaust (which only put down 116 or soemthing). so everyone says the two seperatly suck, which i would agree, but the two together perform great. research and development is what its all about.
Old 11-14-2003
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
125 at the wheels? damn.. what kinda car was this?
Old 11-14-2003

well lol in paris hilton video she puts 200 HP to the wheels lol
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

it was on a 7thgen civic ex i believe. search, the video is on here. i forget whos car it is but flyriceracer02 posted the video from nopi nationals.

and enough with the paris hilton tape dude, there are like 4 threads on it already, she is a *****...you dont need to be one too.
Old 11-14-2003
Pro Skater

i agree with 4 bangin one of my freinds has the dc tcs exhuast and headers and his car is sweet the sound and he felt an increase but wutvere im sticking with that one i like it but im lookin for the best price haha
Old 11-14-2003
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Just as an FYI, besides we are a 7thgen vendor, which means your supporting the site as well. Our price includes Fed Ex 3 day shipping which is well over $120 value.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...hreadid=114740
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the DC TCS exhaust and the DC stainless header with a K&N air filter. I put on one at a time, one because honda didnt have the header gasket I wanted and I later ordered the air filter. I noticed a difference over stock when the exhaust went on. I drove around for a few days, and then put on the header. A bigger difference was noticed. The car pulled very well and not a loud noise. Then finally, the air filter came in the mail. I put it in and felt another difference. The gain would be bigger if I purchased a CAI, but why waste the money if your going for FI later on. Yes, the 90 curves arent a great idea, but DC Sports tends do differ from the aftermarket crowd.

P.S. I have a 2001 civic Ex coupe 5spd.
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry, I paid $489 for the exhaust from www.tornactive.com when the GB was on.
Old 11-14-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

you DO realize that the intake, header, exhaust setup that you saw putting down 125 whp only put down 10 extra hp than stock?

if we divide that up ... according to AEM's website, their dyno says it gives 8.9 whp. so ... you do the math.

(btw, I'm not saying aem's dyno is -completely- correct ... but the point is there ... I'm sure it gives at least 6 or 7 whp)
Old 11-14-2003
Pro Skater

hey evrone well thanx for your opinions.. i just orederd the TCS from adventon.com for 540 w/shipping and evrything i oredered my intake from them a while ago and they have the cheapest prices i feel and are very good with shipping and variety i def recomment them for parts..but trhanx again and ill let u guys kno more about it when i install it....
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by aznboysrfr
you DO realize that the intake, header, exhaust setup that you saw putting down 125 whp only put down 10 extra hp than stock?

if we divide that up ... according to AEM's website, their dyno says it gives 8.9 whp. so ... you do the math.

(btw, I'm not saying aem's dyno is -completely- correct ... but the point is there ... I'm sure it gives at least 6 or 7 whp)
well, i belive its more of a 15 hp gain maybe more over stock. it is only putting down like 110 maybe lower in stock form. a 5 hp gain from an intake (and thats a high estimate) means a 10 hp gain from an header and exhaust, a header and exhaust which everyone says does nothing. i have yet to see anyone else dyno there header exhaust combo for more than 10 hp.