Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Are there any piggy backs for are cars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
matmat617 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are there any piggy backs for are cars?

So one of my best friends drives a stock lancer and got a piggy back system for his car called Slpit Second. I was wondering if this would work for our cars or if there is anything out there that would ?

there website is: splitsec.com
Old 02-17-2006
Jspek Inspired

aznstylez254 is an unknown quantity at this point
so far piggypack wise you limited to greddy e-manage, apexi vafc2, i believe there was another but not sure.
Old 02-17-2006
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
split sec will work, but they suck.

theres no real-time tuning. Every time you need to make a change to the map, you have to shut the car off, turn the key to the on position, then upload the map (which takes like 2 mins). Its a pain in the ***.

Also, it uses some screwed up method of taking away and giving millivolts to the MAP sensor.

Once you get used to them, they work fine. I just hate the no real-time tuning. It makes tuning time about 5x longer.
Old 02-19-2006
Registered!!

matmat617 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool thanx guys. Now my second question is does a piggy back system make a big enough difference on a N/A car? Cuz for the most part I want to be able to tune the ECU to run on higher octane fuel and get more hp. for when I go to a race track, and be able to run regular 87 and still have some hp. gain.
Old 02-19-2006
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
yea you can tune the car. You wont see much of a gain on a stock car with a piggyback.

Maybe if you have every bolt on (intake manifold, header, exhaust, cam gear, throttle body, intake, etc) then it would be worth it. But with just the basic stuff, you would be better off investing in a cam.
Old 02-20-2006
Registered!!

Hoosier282 is an unknown quantity at this point
Get a fuel computer like the vafc-2 before you get a cam. You always need something to tune a cam with.