Part and Product Reviews This forum is for part and product reviews only!

mothers reflections top coat

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
mothers reflections top coat

well since the detail forum seems to have vanished, i guess i will post in here since technically its a review. I havent tried a new product for a while and heard good reviews on the mothers reflections series, so gave it a shot. the reason i went with the "top coat" over the "wax" was mainly for a few reasons. one, the wax was very liquid like water, whereas the top coat was more gooey like other products im used to. also, the top coat claims that it does not strip off other products on the car like older wax, since it does not have abrasives. so i went with the top coat. my usual wax which i put on about a month ago was 3M performance finish, which ive had great results with. but the smoothness was starting to go away, so i thought this would be a good time to reapply something else. the basic function of a topcoat is to seal the paint and prevent it from going bad over time from sun and weather.

onto the review. i did the civic first, and while my car was already very shiny and smooth to start with, i did notice a very slight improvement in the finsih after using mothers. it seemed to make the reflected colors slightly more vivid and clear, whereas the untreated panel looked more hazy and dull. so im definately happy that i saw some difference, even tho i wasnt expecting much. the product is very easy to apply, even if you use too much the paint will just suck it all up. it goes on smooth and then dries to a haze fairly quickly. buffing is super easy and there is no residue left behind at all. it does take about an hour for the stuff to cure once you buff it off. only then will you feel just how slick the paint gets.

pic of my car after reflections. small difference, but as we all know silver is very hard to shine up.

Name:  mrftc-2.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  41.3 KB

next up was dads miata, which i recently detailed with meguiar's color-x. the paint was badly oxidized and the wax brought back the normal colors, esp on the front and rear plastic pieces that looked pink when i started. well the mothers reflections seems to work much better on darker colors. it turned the red so bright it looked like neon and hurt my eyes to look at it. big improvement. it looks like a brand new car again. not bad for a 92 model.

and both together

Old 06-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thenewdiabolic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mothers reflections top coat

looks like it came out good! having a silver civic myself i agree that its tough to make it really shine and be reflective
Old 06-02-2009
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

good review..ill have to check it out
Old 06-25-2009
Registered!!

alexfergwan is an unknown quantity at this point

hey,
looking nice car, cool....
can you give me you car for one day??? enjoy i m just joking.