Part and Product Reviews This forum is for part and product reviews only!

Strutking.com Pedals And Shift Boot Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Strutking.com Pedals And Shift Boot Adapter

I replaced the starting motor in my girlfriend's Civic so in return she bought me a set of pedals from http://www.strutking.com, plus I picked up their shift boot adapter to keep my boot up. Check it out! Crappy pictures, my camera died on my during another D.I.Y. so I have to use my Blackberry now.

The pedals come individually bagged with all the hardware required to install each one. There are mounting bolts, locking nuts, self tapping screws and even the drill bit you will need.

Each pedal has a bag with the mounting hardware and they're also covered with a sticky plastic piece to keep them from getting scratched during shipping/install.

Clutch and brake are the same, they have rubber inserts that poke through the holes to keep your feet from slipping off.

Terrible pictures but they fit over the existing pedals perfectly and act as a good template when drilling through your existing pedals to mount the hardware.

The only suggestion I would make to them is to give the gas pedal the same bolt/nut treatment that the clutch and brake got. For some reason they only give you 4 screws to put it in with. The screws are actually fine for the top of the gas pedal since that's all plastic but the bottom two holes of the gas pedal are drilled through thick metal and bolts would have been better. Overall the product gets a 9/10 for me as it easily improves the aesthetics of the car.

On to the shift boot adapter......it's pretty small and made of a single piece of metal.

It was listed in the RSX section of the website and not the Civic so a quick check to make sure it's threaded properly.....and it is.

Took the boot off, turned it inside out and zip tied the adapter inside.

Turn it right side out again.

Screw it on and tighten it up against the ****.

I give the shift boot adapter a 9.5/10, it only loses points because I can feel the lock on the end of the zip tie I used at my fingertips when I shift. Maybe I can use a smaller zip tie, who knows.

And now I relax.....

Old 05-19-2009
Registered!!

jagass is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Strutking.com Pedals And Shift Boot Adapter

i love the beer...lol
Old 06-25-2009
Registered!!

alexfergwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, nice one. good.
Old 06-26-2009
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you put the head of the zip tie on the other side of the adapter. Instead of it being at your fingers it would be at your palm.
Old 06-26-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

I had to put 2 zipties together to make it long enough to go around so there's one at my fingers and my palm! I just need to get a lower profile ziptie that's longer, I'll do it eventually.
Old 06-26-2009
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Dex, for the record you had a good quote that got deleted.