HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

4" shrouds in EM2 headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BassMasta808 is on a distinguished road
4" shrouds in EM2 headlights?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows or has done a retrofit for an EM2 with larger shrouds than the Gatlings. Will a shroud with a 4" base fit in EM2 headlights?
Old 11-25-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: 4" shrouds in EM2 headlights?

Take note everyone, he has an 2005. Slightly different than 2001-2003 headlights since they use a dual bulb, and I assume they'll have less clearance...
Looking though the morimoto threads, there have been a ton of questions about them being used in 04-05 headlights and not many answers.

Here's a sample of an 04-05 retrofit for you bass, he's using a pretty large shroud..
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...rojectors.html

Last edited by MindBomber; 11-25-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-25-2011
Registered!!

Wow that looks SICK! I also wanted to go with different shrouds for the same reason, don't like the gatlings. Jus not sure about fitment in '05 headlights. Specifically I'm looking at some shrouds that are 4" at the base meant for mini h1's but can't find any info if they'll fit in '05 headlights.
Old 11-26-2011
Registered!!

:crickets:

lol there aren't a lot of '04-'05 retros out there huh? MBomber, do you know what this "coffee cup ring" is this guy mentioned for his shrouds? I PM'd him but its well over a year old now not sure I'll get a reply.
Old 11-26-2011
Registered!!

hmm.. Mini h1, or D2S? that is now the current question
Old 11-26-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Mini H1 is the more appropriate projector for your headlight, and I think it performs a bit better.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...H1-vs-Mini-D2S

It's that time of year, everyone's busy with school so lots of the people with retros haven't logged in.
Old 11-27-2011
Registered!!

Lol I keep forgetting what time of year it is. Got Honda fever!! Anyways its a done deal. I went the Mini H1's with the E-55R shrouds. Thank link you posted inspired me bro **** looked real clean. No CCFL for now lol

Gonna switch gears now and build a sound system, now there's something I can handle. I inherited a pair of Kickers and nice 1000w amp. Thinkin about goin with JL Audio components (C5 series) and a Pioneer Navi - AVIC-Z130BT.
Old 11-27-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Looking forward to some pics.

I love my retrofit, I was pulled over at a check point yesterday, the officer asked if I knew the modifications to my headlights were illegal, I told him yes, but pointed out it was a retro fit and that it cut off low enough to not blind other drivers. The officer said they were still illegal, but since they function like stock hids, he wasn't giving me a ticket.

Old 11-27-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Looking forward to some pics.
You and me both! I'm slowly collecting parts and stacking them in the bedroom lol I thought about taking pics of all the parts in their boxes.