HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

Cheap HID's anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
specialized7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cheap HID's anyone?

Some of you have probably heard of DDM but i havent seen it mentioned.
I ordered a set of 5000k HID's from dmtuning over a year ago for my truck and have used it everyday.Very good product , has been very reliable and its a bixenon kit aswell.
I have there newer version apexcone Raptor HID kit, but have read great reviews about the ddm Slim ballast kit.
Here is the site if ya wanan check em out
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Cat...hting/HID-Kits
Old 03-27-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cheap HID's anyone?

we've heard of DDM.. lol

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...-miss-you.html

I'm rockin a set of their slim ballasts.. didn't know they're back to selling HIDs
Old 03-27-2011
Registered!!

hah and i thought i was contributing lol
^^ Those coilovers dont looks so good in that link hahah
Old 03-27-2011
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

haha, it's cool. I'm still content with my slim 55w kit I'm rockin with my TSX retrofit.

Check the "her lights" link in my sig if you wanna see 'em
Old 03-27-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Umm yea hulk love cheap chinese ddm slim ballast. You say they suck me crush you.
But yea I love them just got 55w on friday. I know they say 55w is no good in hi minis but seeing is believing with me. Oh and a box full of led lights too.
Old 03-27-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by SpeedDownZone
Umm yea hulk love cheap chinese ddm slim ballast. You say they suck me crush you.
But yea I love them just got 55w on friday. I know they say 55w is no good in hi minis but seeing is believing with me. Oh and a box full of led lights too.
I think the 55w HIDs in retrofits is more a matter of the extra heat being produced, causing the reflective coating inside the projector to bubble up and reduce light output.

much like this:
Old 03-27-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Oh thats new to me. I was under the impression that the shrouds where the ones to melt not the actual housing.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...amp-D2S-users!

Last edited by SpeedDownZone; 03-27-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-27-2011
Registered!!

nice retro fit rice boy, they look really good and bright!
Old 03-27-2011
Administrator
Administrator

thanks! However, I can't take the credit for actually doing the retrofit. I bought 'em off electric130, but took my old TYCs, mixed and matched pieces to make them look the way I wanted, and hooked up the angel eyes I had lying around. My car's dead at the moment, so I'm borrowing my aunt's 2002 accord LX and I can't STAND the crappy halogen lights it has.. I've been spoiled by my HIDs
Old 02-07-2012
Registered!!

Syndicate is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got hid's for $55 call me or text me at 909 248-4075
Old 02-08-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

I just ordered a 35 watt 6000k HID kit from DDM Tuning. $14 dollars for shipping though. pshhhh. Should get here this weekend