HID problem - Honda Civic Forum

HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2011   #1  
Registered!!

gbs-one is on a distinguished road
HID problem

I have a Lexus SC430 retrofit installed on my civic. First, the headlights were flickering. So I switched the ballasts. It worked for about a week. Now, my headlights are not working. I checked and replaced the fuse. I checked the wiring and I believe there's no loose connection. I checked the bulbs and tested another set and still not working. I bought two new ballasts and replaced the old ones and they're still not working. What am I doing wrong? HELP!
gbs-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011   #2  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HID problem

hopefully you are not using the stock wiring. you need a separate hid harness with thicker wiring and a relay that takes power directly from the battery. i would also stick with oem ballasts not aftermarket.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011   #3  
Registered!!

gbs-one is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input. I'm pretty sure the ballasts I bought are OEM. I have thick wiring and I'm also using a relay. I still can't figure out what the problem is.
gbs-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011   #4  
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

are u sure you are using a wiring harness with a relay?

those thicker extension cable things arent a wiring harness and ur stock relay doesnt count. lol
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #5  
Administrator
Administrator

electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

do you have a power cable coming straight off the battery?
electric130 is offline   Reply With Quote