HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

Completed retro, goodbye ebay projectors!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spac is an unknown quantity at this point
Completed retro, goodbye ebay projectors!

So I thought I'd share, Got rid of the old ebay projectors and did a retro with MH1 projectors. Very happy with the results! And it helps that the car is nice and clean too...

Old 06-14-2010
Remebers the old days
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Completed retro, goodbye ebay projectors!

Very nice. What did the MH1 proj cost you if you dont mind me asking.
Old 06-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Very Nice
Old 06-14-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Clean install.
Any night shots?
Old 06-14-2010
Registered!!

No night shots as of yet. Tonight if I don't get carried away by the mosquitoes (Yes thay are that bad this year)

The projectors were $135 + shrouds and msc goodies needed. Very happy with the way they turned out.
Old 06-15-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

what's the back of the housing look like? how bad was it to make them fit?
Old 06-15-2010
Registered!!

The backs weren't that bad thanks to the old ebay projectors. Stolen boots and a bit of foil tape to make sure all was sealed.

Old 06-16-2010
Registered!!

grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about

nice to see another 7th gen in Manitoba!
that retrofit is SHITHOT.
I'm totally jealous... if you ever decide to start doing retrofits for other folks, lemme know!
Old 06-16-2010
Administrator
Administrator

electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

very clean. what are"MH1 projectors?" i googled, but nothing came up.
Old 06-16-2010
Registered!!

Ahh.. MH1 = Morimoto H1 or Mini H1.

Picked them up at The Retrofit Source.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...b38aec40930c5d

Really easy to install and a fantastic projector.
Old 06-16-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

lol, I was gonna ask the same thing as electric.. Those were the projectors I was looking at getting before I picked up electric's TSX retro

If you could, can you snap a wall shot @ about 25 feet? I think I may pick 'em up to try and retro my sister's headlights.

edit: and what shrouds did you use, E55?

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 06-16-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
edit: and what shrouds did you use, E55?
and i was about to ask this!
Old 06-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

haha..

I was looking at the projectors on theretrofitsource, and it said they came with the gatling gun shrouds.. And those didn't look like the gatling gun shrouds
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

They come with "Mini" Gatling Gun shrouds. Didn't like the way those looked. Went with the E55 shrouds and a Coffee mug ring. (The smaller stainless ring at the front of the projector)

The E55 didn't cover as much of the projector as needed and I needed to Extend the shroud forward... Got really lucky with the fit...

Last edited by Spac; 06-17-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Word
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

Working on the night/wall shot. The mosquitoes are so freaking bad right now, I may not make it back into the house due to blood loss...
Old 06-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.off.com/clip-on-mosquito-repellent/
lol

If the mosquitoes are anything like they were when I lived in S. Carolina, they send one sacrificial wave to eat the layer of off you use, then send in a second wave to destroy you.. hahaha

Nevertheless, I reiterate, the retro looks good, and I now want to try a retro out on my sister's car (2010 Fit). Seeing as how those use H1 HID bulbs, and I have an H1 kit laying around, it works out perfectly
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

I don't think that will work out well. You need to be able to get the bulb holder through the opening for the buld in the reflector housing. If the Fit uses H1 bulbs, you won't be able to get the projector through that hole. (Larger than the hole... )
Old 06-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

The fit uses H4's.. I thought those morimoto's use H1 HID bulbs
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

OOps. My bad. I read the Fit uses H1 bulbs. H4 is perfect! Projectors come with H4 spacers for the housing. Apparently makes life really easy with getting the rotation of the projectors dead on...
Old 06-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

so what kinda HID bulbs are you using with those projectors? theretrofitsource.com says it uses H1 HID kits
Old 06-18-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah thats what it takes. they are working on a D2S model tho to use oem bulbs and ballasts.
Old 06-20-2010
Registered!!

H1 Bulbs. I just got Matt at TRS to throw in their H1 bulbs. Worked out really well. Pictures still to come whe mosquitoes back off or I finally go out there in a hazmat suite.
Old 03-22-2011
Registered!!

mc670 is an unknown quantity at this point

i know this threads a bit old, but did you ever get any more pic's of this? really tempted to try this out on my '05 as well.