HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

will my car be street legal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grkkboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation will my car be street legal?

im planning on buying new projector headlights preferably halo's not sure because idk how long they will last on me probably considering changing them to something else but i am curious if they would be street legal with new headlamps. like the ones im looking at have 8000k and idk if they are street legal http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-SET...Q5fAccessories if anyone can find me a better pair of headlights i would appreciate it
Old 12-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: will my car be street legal?

You need to check the law in your state as they are all different. Generally if they didn't come on the car originally it's illegal.
Old 12-16-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Modifying any form of lighting is generally in your car is generally illegal. Using 8000k bulbs would guarantee frequent tickets where I live, because the light they put out is pure blue.

Last edited by MindBomber; 12-16-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-16-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

none of those atfermarket headlamps are street legal, except maybe tycs but even those are not safe enough to drive with at night. adding hid makes it even worse. check out hidplanet.com and retrofitsource.com you can get some nice real hid projectors that fit in the factory headlamp and maybe spend $300 for a very good setup.
Old 12-17-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

dood wtf! i got mine from ebay for half that price. $150 plus $40 shipping and mine are double halo projectors with a black grille.

i'd shop around more if you want to buy off ebay.
Old 12-17-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

8th gen headlights are more expensive by nature, $250 is pretty fair for an ebay set.
Old 12-17-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grkkboy is an unknown quantity at this point

im ordering these headlights without the HIDS included, they are going to give me just the headlights and im going to use my stock bulbs/hids i have in now
Old 12-17-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Good stuff, post pics once you have them installed.