West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Everyone From Colorado....look!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
Very nice Jason....i love how the picture is taken in the EXACT same location as your old pics, it even has the nissan truck in the background
Old 06-25-2004

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
AND very nice front end crackhead
Old 06-26-2004
Addicted to the Twisties!

FattyMcJ will become famous soon enoughFattyMcJ will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PoorCollegeBoy
Very nice Jason....i love how the picture is taken in the EXACT same location as your old pics, it even has the nissan truck in the background

HAHA...thanks man...didn't even notice, lol

BTW....UPDATE.....KIT ADDED TO THE EP3!!!!

Old 06-29-2004

Ok guys....WE CAN'T LET THIS THREAD DIE!!!!

POST YOU CHICKEN FOCKERS!!!! lol
Old 06-29-2004
Registered!!

Crackhead79 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love that movie--anyhoo heres the flywheel I got damn that thing is small and light--

Update: June 30th 2004 - got the Exedy racing clutch as well so I hope to see how well this all comes together on Friday...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-034S.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	31888   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-036S.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	31889   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-035S.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	31890  

Last edited by Crackhead79; 07-01-2004 at 05:45 AM.
Old 06-29-2004

Originally Posted by Crackhead79
I love that movie--anyhoo heres the flywheel I got damn that thing is small and light--

Nice...good stuff mango!
Old 06-30-2004

uh...i got a short shifter and fipk II coming in the mail, plus razo pedals and a neuspeed strut bar waiting to be installed! Dont really have much to post, sorry
Old 06-30-2004

and then I go and pick the dumbest looking smiley...
Old 06-30-2004

Originally Posted by PoorCollegeBoy
and then I go and pick the dumbest looking smiley...
ROFLMAO...
Old 06-30-2004

I have a story to post....MY FIRST KILL (s) !!!!

Ok here's the story....coming down Wadsworth, from C-470, Anh and I were going home from the photo shoot tonight. A late gen Prelude (Side tail lights, not the flat ones) pulls out of the King Soopers parking lot on Chatfield & Wads. onto Wadsworth (North bound...our direction).

He caught up to me and Anh, but did nothing except try and see in the windows....which he couldn't. hehe

On we go, all 3 speeding @ about 65 down Wads. hoping to catch a red light....

Well...when we get to Bowles (Should have been my turn, but something made me go straight) there was three open lanes, and the light was red!

WOO HOO Here's my chance! (KNOWING I couldn't beat the Prelude, I was more going for the Stock v. Modified race between Anh and I)

So...I pull into the left lane, Anh pulls into the middle lane, and the Prelude pulls into the right lane....and revs....

I revved....and Anh did the same.....

Light turns green...and I get the holeshot (launch from 4500 is just about optimum if I do say so myself) with about a 1/2 car length between Anh and I (couldn't see the lude). EDIT: Oh...and I KNOW I didn't SQUEEEEEEL (I only chirped) and after talking to Anh, HE didn't SQUEEEEEL (he only launched from 3k RPM's)....so that's FURTHER proof that the lude WAS racing!

Anh pulls on the lude as well with (I'm guessing about 1/2 car length)...and I keep pulling away from Anh.

Second gear (no grinding I might add)...I see Anh in the side view mirror at the top of 2nd, and the lude is starting to pull on him.

Third gear...the lude is STRUGGLING to pass Anh, and by now I can see both of them in the rear view....

Hazards on....and I call the win. The prelude catches up with me, smiles, waves, and turns into Home Depot ( Crestline ).

Anh and I pull into the McDonalds on Wads. (by the Diamond Shamrock) and we both agree that I won fair and square and that the Prelude WAS actually racing us...

So...sorry Anh, but I got TWO kills tonight....my first two kills against GOOD cars!!! WOO HOO

P.S. - I KNOW something was wrong with the race, because that Prelude SHOULD have WHOOPED me and Anh...but he didn't...and he was trying....SO IT COUNTS!!!
Old 06-30-2004
Registered!!

chibianh is an unknown quantity at this point
Good kills Jason! even though one of the kills was me, it was a good experience. I don't race much and I see I have a lot to learn. The guy in the prelude was pretty cool about it too.
Old 06-30-2004

Originally Posted by chibianh
Good kills Jason! even though one of the kills was me, it was a good experience. I don't race much and I see I have a lot to learn. The guy in the prelude was pretty cool about it too.

Thanks man!!
Old 07-01-2004
Registered!!

...wonder if my weak *** sedan could keep up with ya???

...probably not, damn K20s...lol!
good job, its always funner against friends.
Old 07-01-2004
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys what's up!? I'm back in town now.

So what's new? Any events coming up?

Congrats on the EP Jason, I like the color
Old 07-01-2004
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh yeah one other thing, is anyone out there with a 01/02 LX/EX instrument panel willing to trade me for my 03 instrument panel?

It is in good condition and everything works but I just don't like the look of the 03 instrument panel (chrome rings, red rings, white numbers, yada-yada-yada, lol)
Old 07-01-2004

Originally Posted by Eeeeeeh
Oh yeah one other thing, is anyone out there with a 01/02 LX/EX instrument panel willing to trade me for my 03 instrument panel?

It is in good condition and everything works but I just don't like the look of the 03 instrument panel (chrome rings, red rings, white numbers, yada-yada-yada, lol)

Oh...if I only had my EM2 still...I would do it in a SECOND.

But anyway....yes man...there are PLENTY of meets coming up.

Friday night....we're meeting at the Englewood Civic Center on Sante Fe & Hampden (aka 285)....just a bunch of EP3's and a few other cars. (I might go)

Saturday there is an AutoX event down in Colorado Springs...all day long, free to watch.

Sunday night there is a HUGE meet at the Hamburger Stand on 6th & Union in Lakewood. (I'll be going to this meet)

Any other questions?
Old 07-03-2004
Registered!!

no clutch install, I dropped the car off with Tobi to get it all on and I forgot my lug lock key--doh! ..so now that I have the time I may do it myself its just the matter of finding a lift, hmmmmmm
Old 07-03-2004

clutch install??? I just installed my own fipk intake and I felt like a gearhead. I cant even imagine tackling something like a clutch. Power to you man.
Old 07-03-2004

Heh, i thought it was running a little lean. I am probably just going to let the ecu fix itself because I dont have time for the rest of that sadly enough, but thanks for the reminder. About the wheels- I think I want to go to 17's, not really sure though.
Old 07-03-2004
Registered!!

Auto Cross @ World Arena July 3rd

Not a bad showup this time, lots of people, I scored an 81 on this long *** course there it was great and I felt much more confident on the course, Thanks COEP3! here are some pics---
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-003F.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	32193   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-005F.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	32194   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-008F.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	32195   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-007F.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	32196   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-004F.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	32197  

Old 07-04-2004

Originally Posted by Crackhead79
Not a bad showup this time, lots of people, I scored an 81 on this long *** course there it was great and I felt much more confident on the course, Thanks COEP3! here are some pics---

Glad you had fun man!!! I'll beat *doh....SEE you next time...
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

gangrel138 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just had the most expensive bottle of Sobe last night. Went to the Shell station to get some Sobe and see if my friends were hanging out. Just after I walk out of the Shell the CSPD shows up and tells everyone to leave. Naturally I took the turn around at Chappell Hills mall to get back on Academy and go home. 3-4 Cops jump into the turn lane with everyone else and start pulling people over myself included. To make a long story short I got ticketed for having a modified exhaust even though I have the silencer installed. The ticket is $60 or I can go to city court to fight it on the 27th. I'm thinking I'll fight it. Here's what the city statute states on exhaust.

10.22.204: EXHAUST SYSTEMS:

Every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with an adequate exhaust system in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise, smoke or flame, and no person shall operate a motor vehicle within the City which is not so equipped, or is equipped with a muffler cutoff, bypass or similar device. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle with an exhaust system that has been modified in a manner which amplifies or increases the noise emitted above that emitted by the exhaust system originally installed on the vehicle, and the original exhaust system shall comply with all the requirements of this section. (Ord. 98-248; Ord. 01-42)
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

you went to the Shell station? Bad call right there you know most of them there are the "white thug" ricers and the cops are brutal at that end of Academy----tisk, tisk
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

I know. But it was the only thing open that time of night close to where I live. I should've gone to the 7 eleven the other direction down union.
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

Whats there?
Old 07-04-2004

Originally Posted by gangrel138
I just had the most expensive bottle of Sobe last night. Went to the Shell station to get some Sobe and see if my friends were hanging out. Just after I walk out of the Shell the CSPD shows up and tells everyone to leave. Naturally I took the turn around at Chappell Hills mall to get back on Academy and go home. 3-4 Cops jump into the turn lane with everyone else and start pulling people over myself included. To make a long story short I got ticketed for having a modified exhaust even though I have the silencer installed. The ticket is $60 or I can go to city court to fight it on the 27th. I'm thinking I'll fight it. Here's what the city statute states on exhaust.

10.22.204: EXHAUST SYSTEMS:

Every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with an adequate exhaust system in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise, smoke or flame, and no person shall operate a motor vehicle within the City which is not so equipped, or is equipped with a muffler cutoff, bypass or similar device. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle with an exhaust system that has been modified in a manner which amplifies or increases the noise emitted above that emitted by the exhaust system originally installed on the vehicle, and the original exhaust system shall comply with all the requirements of this section. (Ord. 98-248; Ord. 01-42)

Alright dude...here's what you do. I'm a CJ major in school...so I might be of some help.

The law states, "It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle with an exhaust system that has been modified in a manner which amplifies or increases the noise emitted above that emitted by the exhaust system originally installed on the vehicle."

As long as you have a FULL CAT-BACK SYSTEM....then your exhaust system has not been "MODIFIED". It has been, "UPGRADED". To put it simply, YOU didn't do ANYTHING to the exhaust system. You didn't remove the silencer, you didn't remove the cat, you didn't remove the muffler, etc. It is a FULLY LEGAL 50-state CARB legal, product. (I'm assuming you bought a brand name exhaust system, i.e. GReddy, HKS, etc. )

If you had a muffler shop do some "custom" piping for you, then BRING YOUR RECIEPT! Muffler shops are NOT allowed to do ANYTHING to the exhaust system that is illegal....like removing the silencer, muffler, or cat.

Either way bro, you'll be fine. The cops are just trying to make an example of people this summer. You just happened to get hosed. The judge will more than likely just throw out the case (and the cop prolly knew this when writing the ticket) so his intentions are just to scare you, and the others, into not coming back.

It's just a simple scare tactic, but I suppose it works. lol Just don't go back, and bring ALL THE WRITTEN DOCUMENTATION YOU CAN FIND TO COURT!!!

CYA man, Cover Your ***...

Oh...and it wouldn't be a bad idea to go to some emissions place and have them measure your dB level of the exhaust. (HAVE THEM PRINT SOMETHING UP THAT STATES IT'S NOT OVER THE LEGAL LIMIT)

I think they can do that for you....
Old 07-05-2004
Registered!!

Whoa, I always knew Jason was smart, my Mom has a Masters in Criminal Justice as well --- so I heard this kinda stuff all the time---lol
Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

Thanks for the advice. I should have no problem getting some evidence for my case because I've still got a couple of weeks before the court date.
Old 07-07-2004

Originally Posted by gangrel138
Thanks for the advice. I should have no problem getting some evidence for my case because I've still got a couple of weeks before the court date.
No problem man....anytime.
Old 07-08-2004

WOO!! It only took 4 hours, a lot of sweat, a broken screwdriver, and a bloody knuckle, but I installed my razo pedals and revo short shifter! The bulk of the time was just trying to remove the console, if I had to do it again I could probably get it done in under an hour. ANYWAY, I am just really proud, and really happy and I wanted to let everyone in on my joy.