Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction methods (Turbos & Nitrous Oxide) and swaps here

swap advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kyle Cargazm is an unknown quantity at this point
swap advice

I have a 91 Civic 1.5L and I need MORE POWER. I'm doing an engine swap and don't know which one is best to get. I want a K20A or an H22A, dreaming? And, of course, a tranny swap also. I'm installing it myself. Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by Kyle Cargazm; 07-15-2015 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-15-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: swap advice

Both great choices. I like the K but don't know much about the H. Look at how many parts are available for each engine and see if jives with what your plans for the engine are. Maybe you don't have a set plan and that can help you decide.
Old 07-16-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kyle Cargazm is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, they're both beast motors, the K has newer tech and it's smaller though. Do you or anyone know how much I will have to mod the engine bay, if t all, for it to fit?
Old 07-16-2015
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Other important things to consider are:

Is this your driver?
Have you done fabrication work previously?
Do you know any qualified/experienced people that can help if/when problems occur?
What is your approximate level of skill?
Do you have access to spare parts? Parts car?
Do you have access to proper shop enviroment? Tools?

Engine swaps are not a weekend project for the first timer. Usually it is best to plan on the car being disabled for several weeks.