Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

91 Si trailing arm issue...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91SIRman is an unknown quantity at this point
91 Si trailing arm issue...

Hi, this is my first post, and I want to start off by listing my car details. I own a 91 SI and below are the details
327,000Km
D16 modified (2nd engine)
cam (can't remember what one)
CAI and custom 2 3/4 exhaust
DC Sports header
KYB suspension, adjustable coil over, 2" drop
full GSR center console

So, here is the new issue I just noticed today. I pulled my rear drums off today to make some adjustments to the adjusters and noticed a....well....BIG problem. I looked at what seemed to be at first a bit of rusty pieces of metal, but noticed that the outer most side of the trailing arm, well it ain't attached to the car. The inner side is still attached, but the outer side is missing the metal surrounding where it would normally be attached. It has rusted through and is no metal left surrounding approx 1/4". After careful inspection, I believe that someone that is really good with body repair could cut out the frame area around this, clean it up and weld some new metal in it's place. I just don't know who I should go to in the Niagara region. Judging by the look of this area, this is not a recent brake, but has been rotted out for quite some time. I don't believe that this is a very heavy load bearing pivot point, but I now since I know that it is there, I want to fix it fast! If anyone could help me out and recommend a shop in the lower Niagara region that would repair this without braking the bank, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys

Brad

Last edited by 91SIRman; 05-12-2008 at 10:59 PM.