Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

How do I tell if my civic is properly lowered

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freek21 is an unknown quantity at this point
How do I tell if my civic is properly lowered

I have a 1993 Honda civic ex and it has been lowered. I am trying to figure out if it has been lowered properly with a kit or if the previous owner did a hack job. How do I tell? Should it be pretty obvious or not so much.

Thanks guys.
Old 05-20-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: How do I tell if my civic is properly lowered

Type of spring, shock and whether an alignment was done are the main things to look for. The spring and shock are mostly visual and it shouldn't be too difficult to tell the brand, as most have a specific colour. The tires tread wear pattern will tell the story on whether an alignment was done.
Old 05-20-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freek21 is an unknown quantity at this point

The springs on the front are red but the shock I can't tell. It doesn't look like anything special.
Old 05-20-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Freek21
The springs on the front are red but the shock I can't tell. It doesn't look like anything special.
Is there any writing on the spring?

Are the coils on the spring wound more tightly on one end?
Old 04-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OptimisticWay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Freek21
I have a 1993 Honda civic ex and it has been lowered. I am trying to figure out if it has been lowered properly with a kit or if the previous owner did a hack job. How do I tell? Should it be pretty obvious or not so much.

Thanks guys.
If it's scrapping the ground when you drive on a level road, it has been properly lowered.
The following users liked this post:
etownOG (07-18-2022)
Old 04-23-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Thread is 3 years old. OP is over it.