I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Shifter bushings, where can I find them (not the ones for the stabilizer bar)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ironman187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Shifter bushings, where can I find them (not the ones for the stabilizer bar)

Hey guys, so I have a 1993 Civic LX (at least, that's what everything but the VIN number is telling me...but that's a different story) with a manual transmission, well, I have the infamous loose shifter. It's so bad I have to lean over to the passenger side of the car to shift into fifth. In the following picture I swapped out the bushings circled in blue for polyurethane, but while I was down under the car I noticed that part #s 4,5,11,21, and 23 seem to need replacing, is there a kit I can get from energy suspension that has these parts? I'm not looking for the "master kit" that I have been finding everywhere and would like to go with polyurethane components for longevity and feel. On than note, I am not looking to upgrade shifters, this is a daily commuter/beater that I bought to save me money. Any help you can give me to save me from the atrocious rubber parts from the stealership will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Also, there was what appeared to be a large rubber dust boot that was moving freely in and out of a 3" hole while i had the stabilizer bar unbolted from the car, that that something I need to replace? Or shouldn't I worry about it.

Old 03-04-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ironman187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Shifter bushings, where can I find them (not the ones for the stabilizer bar)

*Bump* Bueler? Is this forum even alive? I reported this thread after posting it because I realized it was in the wrong board, it's still in electrical, and there are still no replies. Somebody has to know.
Old 03-04-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shifter bushings, where can I find them (not the ones for the stabilizer bar)

http://www.thepartsbin.com/sitemap/e...ing~parts.html

Scroll to the bottom. I think that's what you're looking for.

Also, this forum started as a 7thgen-specific forum, then got sold and made into an all-civic forum, so most information is gonna be for the 01-05 civic. So sorry for the lack of information there. Also, due to the nature of this forum now, you may have to wait more than just a day for a response :/