Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Low idle 95 stock civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eg95coyote is an unknown quantity at this point
Low idle 95 stock civic

So within the last couple of weeks I noticed my car is idling funny. Definitely low. When I first start its around 1000 rpm but after driving for a while once I put it in neutral it goes to about 500. When I put it in first I have to press the gas down hard or the car starts to shake.its even died power steering and all.
Side note I did recently noticed a leak near the AC compressor Wich I recently had changed. I'm guessing it's antifreeze leaking I'm not too sure. Going to jack up the car tommorow and look underneath. I also picked up a new map sensor today. Didn't do me much good.
Old 07-19-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Low idle 95 stock civic

When the last time you did a tune up?
Old 07-19-2019
Registered!!

Just got the car a couple of months ago. Haven't gotten a tune up. But I did find my leak. It's on the driver side and it's pouring antifreeze/water rapidly. Friend told me water pump but I was under the impression the water pump was on the passenger side. It looks like it's coming from a spot where a screw is missing
Old 07-19-2019
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

If my memory serves me the water pump is on the timing belt side which is the driver side.

Could be a few things. Have a picture? You can use online parts catalogs to help figure out what's what also.

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/
Old 07-19-2019
Registered!!

Old 07-19-2019
Prelude Owner

Bottom left of picture is the leak?
Old 07-20-2019
Registered!!

Center. There's a bolt next to that seems to be a missing screw
Old 07-22-2019
Prelude Owner

I can’t tell what it is.

I would have it looked at ASAP if it’s leaking bad.