Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Electronic Air Control Valve.

Old 05-24-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leiniedude will become famous soon enoughleiniedude will become famous soon enough
Electronic Air Control Valve.

Hi all, I had been having starting issues with my 1991 Civic DX,1.5 dual point engine. It would start right up but die just as fast. It would run rough with my foot in the throttle though. My Haynes manual said to pull the flasher fuse out of the main fuse box for 10 seconds, which I did. It worked! For about a week.Digging deeper the EACV seemed to be the problem, I removed it and put the meter on it. 8 to 15 ohms was the number I needed. No dice. I tried to jump it from the battery as this is basically a small pump. Nothing. I bought a replacement from Auto Zone for $212 bucks. A pretty easy replacement job. She now runs like a champ again. I hope this will help someone in the future. You have a great Forum here, thanks, Mike.
Old 05-25-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Electronic Air Control Valve.

Thank you for the info. =D rep added.
Old 05-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leiniedude will become famous soon enoughleiniedude will become famous soon enough
Re: Electronic Air Control Valve.

Hi mac25, not sure what the D rep is all about, but looking at your avatar it must be a good thing. Thanks. Say, I forgot to mention in my original post that I did get the 14 flashes for code 14 when checking the computer under the passenger floor mat. Take care, Mike.

Search this Thread