Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Hondash Bluetooth Live Data Tool

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Hondash Bluetooth Live Data Tool

1995 Civic EX coupe with JDM B20b engine. M/T. OBD1 p75 ECU.

I recently purchased this: http://www.hondash.net/ and downloaded the associated app for it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ondash.hondash . It's made in Slovakia by a guy named Milos. Price is U.S.$60 including shipping (to Florida) and the associated app is free. I tried it out for the first time today and it paired up (bluetooth) quickly and after recieving a unique identifier (UID) code from Milos it's working very well. I will post videos of live data capabilities and results within a week or so. There's videos on the Hondash webpage as well.

I am in no way associated or profit from this product. There's very limited options for OBD1 live data and this tool can be use for both OBD1 and OBD2 via the ECU's DLC connector. Just thought I'd share this info for anyone considering purchasing an affordable live data reader.
Old 05-29-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hondash Bluetooth Live Data Tool

Oh this is cool.
Old 05-29-2017

Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ezone
Oh this is cool.
There's a lot I need to learn about the readouts and functions. The only negative so far is it's reading rpm's incorrectly..when I accelerate the rpm's decrease. I sent a PM to Milos so hopefully he'll repsond soon. When I did a TPS reading with engine off and key in second position it didn't give a voltage it just read undepressed = 0, fully depressed = 100. However, when reviewing live data playback (data-logging) it does show TPS readout in volts. Engine temp is betwenn 199-205 farenheight..I wish it had the capability to set an audible alarm if temp rises above 210.

Currently, I have it connected/powered by DLC pin however, this can drain the battery slowly. He recommended if I want to keep it connected that I should use the red external wire to connect to the lighter (USB charger inserted). Is it okay to tap into the lighter's 12v source so that both the lighter/USB and the Hondash device can work at the same time?

Last edited by Wankenstein; 05-29-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-29-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Is it okay to tap into the lighter's 12v source
Sure. I tapped this circuit in my car so I don't have a bunch of adapters clogging up the socket.
Old 05-29-2017

Sure. I tapped this circuit in my car so I don't have a bunch of adapters clogging up the socket.
thanks.

The rpm's may not be reading correctly due to the engine came out of an automatic transmission '99 CR-V. My '95 civic was an automatic that has been converted to a 5-speed (integra LS) manual transmission. The car's cluster tach and speedo work correctly though. Who knows..software glitch or BT device issue? Maybe he'll send another unit. Either way I feel like I've finally made it to the modern era of diagnosing through computer...lol

Changing TV channels..watching Mecum's Motorcycle auction..cool bikes. Never seen the motorcycle auction before. Even though I don't ride a bike I really like bobbers and cafe racer style. My brother has a 2013 BMW 1300cc..heated seat and handle grips.

Last edited by Wankenstein; 05-29-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-29-2017

The rpm's may not be reading correctly due to the engine came out of an automatic transmission '99 CR-V.
The reader reads ECM data, it doesn't care what engine the ECM is hooked to.

Got another OBD1 Honda you can try it out on?

The tach in the dash uses pulses straight from the igniter in the distributor.
Old 05-29-2017

Got another OBD1 Honda you can try it out on?
Not an OBD1. My son's (my old car) '97 Civic OBD2..but, don't know if it has a 3-prong DLC.
Old 05-29-2017

My son's (my old car) '97 Civic OBD2..but, don't know if it has a 3-prong DLC.
It won't have it.
They did away with the 3 pin data link with the introduction of the standardized OBD2 DLC connector.
Old 05-29-2017

It won't have it.
They did away with the 3 pin data link with the introduction of the standardized OBD2 DLC connector.
Okay.

Got a reply from Hondash: "The displayed engine Rpm is weird / not correct. Try to change the rev interpretation method in Settings / Car / Ecu. There are 3 possible methods to calculate engine rev value, depending on the car's Ecu, usually OBD2A method 0, OBD1 method 1 (e.g. Ecu P28 requires method 1 to display engine rpm correctly)."
Old 05-29-2017

Nice you can get replies directly from the developer.
Must be a small outfit. Wonder how many of these he's sold?

Old 05-29-2017

Nice you can get replies directly from the developer.
Must be a small outfit. Wonder how many of these he's sold?
On his facebook page it list "very responsive to messages" which seems to be the case as he responded within 30 minutes each time I messaged him. I hope he's selling a lot of them.
Old 05-30-2017

I tried his suggestion and it worked..RPM's reading correctly now.

I asked him about TPS voltages. (me): anyway to get the TPS sensor to display in voltages instead of percentage (0-100)?

(Milos):Unfortunately,
the ECU does the voltage to byte translation, and thus I'm not able to see the raw voltage value
The only thing I could do is to reinterprate the byte value, assumed the byte 255 is 5V nad 0 is 0V

Also included in future (month from now) software upgrade will be the capability to set an audible alarm if engine temp rises above operating temp or manually inserted designated temp.

Last edited by Wankenstein; 05-30-2017 at 08:09 AM.