Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

HELP save my '95 civic vtek!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gma95civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy HELP save my '95 civic vtek!

I do NOT know much about cars, but my son in law is a helicopter mechanic and my daughter can damn near rebuild an engine..

My 95 civic started leaking oil, so I took it to a garage to have the engine cleaned and checked using dye. They found the leak-so they say-and want an amount of money that is more than the car is worth. In addition to it leaking oil, the idle surges.

The garage claims its an "idle cyliniod" and its gasket but when you search for those parts, no results are found. Ive had this car since it came over on the boat and dont want a new one. (prob arent as fast as mine anyways)

Honda dealer here wont touch it because its not an American configuration--yes I waited 4 months for it to arrive (my sister was a title clerk and we ordered the car.) It has a vtek engine-car insurance is as bad as a corvette because of the engine and "sport package" even though I didnt order the sport package. It will damn near fly when running smoothly.

This is the FIRST engine problem this car has ever had! Please help save my civic!!!

Last edited by Gma95civic; 06-12-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-10-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: HELP save my '95 civic vtek!

...nice story bro; is there a question here?
Old 06-12-2017
Registered!!

Im looking for suggestions for what might be causing the problem(s) Im just a gram ma trying to save my beloved car
Old 06-12-2017

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Well you seed skeptical of the garage, therefore I/you don't know what the mechanical issues are.

Find some one you trust to check it over.

Get us a detailed list of exactly what is wrong.

Then we can ive suggestions of what to look at.
Old 06-13-2017
Registered!!

My 95 civic started leaking oil, so I took it to a garage to have the engine cleaned and checked using dye. They found the leak-so they say-and want an amount of money that is more than the car is worth. In addition to it leaking oil, the idle surges.
Old 06-13-2017

Well you have a few options for the leak.

-they can fix it.
-you can fix it.
-you can monitor the leak and keep topping it up
-you can take a lose on the car and buy a new one

As for the idle surge it could be multiple things but if you want to take a crack at fixing it yourself try these steps