Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

94 Honda Ex engine ticking

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jhughes4707 is an unknown quantity at this point
94 Honda Ex engine ticking

So I have a high pitched ticking going on,so I checked my oil and it waa bit low, was right at the bottom hole in the dipstick. I put more oil in, 10 -30 high mileage but the ticking is still persisting. So far what I have gathered is I could've spun a wheel bearing, I could need a valve adjustment, or a lifter could be sticking?
Little info about the car, the engine was tuned at RLZ in Concord NC, he put the turbo on it and tuned it up about a year and a half ago. It has 200k + miles on it, I drive it every single day usually between 15-30 miles a day. I regularly take trips to and from Charlotte to Columbia which is about 100 miles. I have put around 300-400 miles on the engine since I first noticed the ticking so I would imagine it isn't a spun bearing. The engine seems to be running flawlessly except for the ticking, no smoke, no over heating, no leaks at all.
The ticking is the most audible at 3k+ rpms. It should be noted that since the ticking started a few weeks ago I may have forgotten that my engine wasn't completely healthy and raced a mustang to 130+ mph.. so I am sure that didn't help the poor honda. So anyway I will attach two videos, what the heck is going on here? any help is much appreciated.

At idle----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXmk...ature=youtu.be

Starting off from 900-4k rpm in first gear, its not nearly as loud in person as it sounds on this video for whatever reason ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpU5...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-04-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 94 Honda Ex engine ticking

It didn't even really sound bad in the video. Did you at least beat the Mustang?