Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

94 Civic hatch door panel

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994civichatch is an unknown quantity at this point
94 Civic hatch door panel

Hey all just bought a 94 hatch si! it has multiple problems that i hope to eventually solve. The first issue to tackle is the passanger door lock/handle is broken... someone tried to break into it and the lock is inside the door. also when you roll the window down about 3/4 of the way the door will automatically open and wont close until you roll the window up about half way. I was just wondering if you guys had any tips to get the door panel off and fix this issue. Thanks for the help mates!
Old 07-06-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 94 Civic hatch door panel

welcome.

Sounds like the linkage rod that used to attach to the outer handle is now laying in the path of the glass.

Get the door panel off (see service manual or google) and plastic liner peeled down and you should be able to see the linkage and the lock cylinder. You will probably need to find another complete outside handle assembly to replace yours, but check it out and see what's broken and what it needs first.

Sorry I don't have a link to real instructions.
Old 07-06-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994civichatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 94 Civic hatch door panel

Originally Posted by ezone
welcome.

Sounds like the linkage rod that used to attach to the outer handle is now laying in the path of the glass.

Get the door panel off (see service manual or google) and plastic liner peeled down and you should be able to see the linkage and the lock cylinder. You will probably need to find another complete outside handle assembly to replace yours, but check it out and see what's broken and what it needs first.

Sorry I don't have a link to real instructions.
Thanks mate just got home from work so ill see if i can figure it out!