Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

blower motor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silver-n-black is an unknown quantity at this point
blower motor?

Today my blower motor stopped blowing air. It doesn't matter if the heat or the ac but before it stopped it would only come on when I had it on 3. weather it was heat or ac it would only work on 3. not 1,2,4 does this sound like a blower problem? I'm thinking it's in the switch any help would be greatly appreicated
Old 03-21-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: blower motor?

Sounds to me like a switch could be pretty likely.

Wiring diagram, and a voltmeter or test light.
Test, don't guess.
Old 04-21-2014
Registered!!

ok I checked the blower motor resistor and replaced it it was in pieces put it back together and still nothing so took out the blower motor and hook it up to jumper wire and it come on so now what I tested the volts going to blower motor and it starts about 8 volts and starts to slowly drop every time i turn the switch up another notch the voltage drops. Is this normal and how much voltage is supposed to be going to the blower motor. I'm at a lost HELP PLEASE I would like to have my ac back before it gets to HOT
Old 04-21-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The positive side of the blower motor gets constant 12v from a 30A fuse and the blower relay in the engine compartment fuse box.

The negative side of the blower motor goes through the switch and resistors.

Test for both of those?

If you have speed 3 but no speeds 1,2, or 4, the switch is the likely culprit (assuming the wiring is good).
Old 04-21-2014
Registered!!

cool I'll check that tomorrow thanks for the help