Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

93 civic with issues with fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ottsixx is an unknown quantity at this point
93 civic with issues with fuel pump

I have a 93 civic DX 4 door that always started about as fast as you would engage the starter it was running and all of a sudden it wont start and there was nothing it would just crank and crank like there was no spark at all so I pulled the fuel line to the filter and not a drop of fuel I even energized the ignition and heard the little hum the fuel pump makes when energized for a fuel seconds so I put a new pump in it and it still wont start and very little fuel to the filter with the key and yet I heard the pump buzz for a few seconds so the next thing I noticed is that I don't have any voltage to the fuel pump or fuel gauge and when I check the fuses inside and out they all BEEP! with continuity as it appears according to my test meter anyone got any clues to make this Honda run again.
Old 11-20-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 93 civic with issues with fuel pump

Check the main relay under the driver dash/kick panel. They are know to have bad solders so you may need to resolder the board.