Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

I need help!! Pleaseeeee

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hollymarie6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy I need help!! Pleaseeeee

Well, i am a female, and people love to screw me over, im having a problem with my 98 honda civic, last week i was driving it and it suddenly started sputtering and my check engine light came on, drove it for 2 days, then all of a sudden its overheating and my check engine light is now flashing. I just replaced the whole timing belt system, new water pump, new spark plugs and wires, etc, I am at a loss of what to do? I had my mechanic come by and he read my codes, and its a misfire on 3 of the 4 cylinders, but my spark plugs are brand new? I am also being told its my fuel injectors? Help me please
Old 10-10-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hollymarie6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I need help!! Pleaseeeee

anyone?????????
Old 10-10-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

last week i was driving it and it suddenly started sputtering and my check engine light came on, drove it for 2 days,
So let me get this straight....You ignored everything the car was trying to tell you and you kept driving it for 2 more days,
all of a sudden its overheating
and now you are surprised that it's "suddenly" broken?

all of a sudden its overheating
That's bad. What did you see/hear/smell/?? What was your clue?

What were you doing when this happened? (Like say, driving 45 mph, or sitting in the drive-thru for 15 minutes? What?)

Is the radiator empty? Is it leaving puddles on the ground? Have you checked anything at all?

my check engine light is now flashing
If it overheated severely, the head and head gasket tend to lose their sealing abilities. $$$$.
If coolant gets into cylinder(s) because of this, that will cause misfires.

(Right now I'm totally assuming this is because of a severe overheat, it isn't good at all.)
I had my mechanic come by and he read my codes, and its a misfire on 3 of the 4 cylinders, but my spark plugs are brand new? I am also being told its my fuel injectors? Help me please
Honest truth?
You probably need a mechanic that can actually diagnose problems and fix cars, not one that reads codes and makes guesses.
Craigslist rarely nets you that type of tech.

Ask friends and family (preferably people that drive older cars) who is good with real car problems. Who can fix things right on the first try?
Old 10-11-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm... I've been drinking.. but.. It's either because your female or ezone is having a good day I expected A LOT worse there from you ezone..
Old 10-11-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
Hmmm... I've been drinking.. but.. It's either because your female or ezone is having a good day I expected A LOT worse there from you ezone..
I've already had enough cow-orkers mad at me for the last 2 days, I didn't need any more people on the list yet.
Old 10-11-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

we are on the internet reading written words...
ask around among your friends who knows a good mechanic and go there.
We can mostly help people that can do the work themselves or can have more technical input to write in here... or if it's a very well known case, which does not seem to be your case. just simply normal mechanical or electrical or electronic failure due to long use