Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

tach stops working and engine bogs out after rain

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B_scurrd is an unknown quantity at this point
tach stops working and engine bogs out after rain

so yes im new, i just bought a 93 civ that has a d16y8 in it. so when i first got it, it was a nice dry day and you could drive it around no problems, its sat for about a week and a half i had to fix somethings to get it va legal so. it snowed the other week and a few days after i went to crank it up and this is what happened. it turned over 3 times and then went click click like a dead battery then i turned the key back and tried again and it turned over twice and started. it was idling for about a min and as im looking at the cluster the tach dies just drops to 0 im like wtf man, so i give it some gas and it just stumbles and wouldnt go above 15-1600 rpms couldnt smell any gas everything seemed ok no cel on and after about 30 secs the tach comes back on and everythings fine but , it does this randomly cold warm doesnt matter and always happens after moisture! help please.
Old 03-27-2013
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go-part is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: tach stops working and engine bogs out after rain

Have you tested all of your fuses and relays?

Chances are that it could be moisture getting into your fuse box and causing temp electrical issues.
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/tro...x#.UVNjFlfjbgk