Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

94 Civic DX dash problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95EGT is an unknown quantity at this point
94 Civic DX dash problems

Hello...
I am trying to get my neighbor's DX back on the road after being beat on and modified by a teen. The problems I am having are all electrical of course!
The first problem is the gauge cluster. The only things that work is the battery light, SRS light, and the turn indicators when the hazards are on.
There is no tach, fuel, temp, oil light, CEL, or brake light. All the illumination lights do work. I was told there was indiglo gauges installed, but they were removed by the teen. There are also 4 plugs on the cluster, but I only have 3 from the harness. Is this normal?
The second problem is there are no turn signals, but the 4-ways work. I did get the turns to light up, but not flash. I did that by jumping a wire between the white wire and the green/orange wire on the back of the hazard switch. The turn signal switch does work when the jumper is in but still no flash. I did notice the flasher timer in the fuse box was melted on one side, but it still functions for the hazard lights.
Any suggestions on either one of these?
There is an aftermarket tach installed, I think the brand is Fuze, and it works. I also have pulled every fuse in the car and all are good. I did find that the washer pump has been rewired, but I haven't been able to find reason for the problems I am having.
The dash that is installed came from a junkyard, so I don't know if it is even the right one for the car. As stated earlier, there are 4 plugs on the back of the dash, 2 gray plugs, one on each end, and 2 plugs in the middle, one green and one yellow. The green plug does not have a match in the wire harness.
There were 4 extra wires added to the fuse panel, two of which were not hooked up (probably for the stereo system which is no longer there), and the other two go to the tach.
Any help or info is appreciated.

Last edited by 95EGT; 05-03-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: info added
Old 05-04-2011
Registered!!

95EGT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 94 Civic DX dash problems

Did I post this in the wrong section? If so, could someone please let me know?
Old 10-10-2013
Registered!!

whatUsay21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 94 Civic DX dash problems

did you ever figure out the problem im having the same issue