Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

92 Honda Civic EX won't start

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
diva63 is an unknown quantity at this point
92 Honda Civic EX won't start

I was driving the car and left the lights on by accident (I am not used to the lights not turning off themselves) AAA came to jump me, but the alarm went off and then I got nothing when I turned the ignition on. The battery got juice, but no noise when I turned the key, and the car won't start. Any ideas on what it could be? I thought maybe a kill switch on the alarm- but I turned the toggle on and off and tried the ignition again and still nothing,,,The car is great, I love driving it on weekends for errands. It has to be something simple and stupid- Can you smart ones about Civic's help me please?
Old 12-27-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 92 Honda Civic EX won't start

try to reset the alarm by pulling the main fuse out and putting it back. i think the ignition kill got activated. there is no toggle switch, it is built into the alarm. i actually ended up disabling mine by cutting a wire due to it causing more problems than i need.
Old 01-03-2011
Bringer Des Blutes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StaticFire450 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 92 Honda Civic EX won't start

Yeah, I would just pull the ECU reset fuse( Spare 7.5 fuse under the dash ) and put it back in. That or your ignition switch itself could be bad. Happened to me. same Model and Year of car.