Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

Whats the best engine ....

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zcuda is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats the best engine ....

Hello everyone,
I am new to the site somewhat & think it's great how much informatioin I am learning on here.
I have a "96" 2Dr coupe DX Automatic with the D16Y7 engine & was wondering if I replace the engine what would be the best engine to drop back in that would give me more HP/Tourqe as a stock engine & would bolt right in or very close to it??!
Thanks in advance, Jason
Old 04-09-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Whats the best engine ....

Nothing really bolts right up, if you want to B-swap then you'll need to change a few things around but you'll have a significant increase in power. The B18c5, b18c, B18b, B18a, B16a and B16b are all excellent options for high performance B-series engines and varying price points.

The very best engine however, well that would be a k20a, starting price for a complete swap is in the $5000 range plus several thousand more for mounts and other necessary parts.
Old 04-09-2011
Registered!!

Zcuda is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that info... Now to do some research on those & start looking!!
Old 04-22-2011
Banned

antihonda can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Zcuda
if I replace the engine what would be the best engine to drop back in that would give me more HP/Tourqe as a stock engine
something thats not a honda, hell just go buy a ford or chevy car
Old 04-22-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

antihonda please stop talking ill about Honda. If you are actually "Anti" honda, why are you on this forum?
Old 05-05-2011
Banned

antihonda can only hope to improve

because its funny to listen to you guys talk about your pos hondas like they're worth something and i work nights so i get bored.... amusing how the biggest engine mod you have is iridium spark plugs and you find that as a relevant thing to put in your signature
Old 05-05-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^Won't be hearing from him again...
Old 05-05-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

thank you, tbohar!
Old 08-02-2017
HondasAreSeXaY

HondasFueknRULE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by antihonda
something thats not a honda, hell just go buy a ford or chevy car
HAHAHAHAAHAHA! That is funny! The two biggest PsOC you can possibly buy. His daddy probably brought him up with those stupid Ford trucks and went around trying to act tough in their trucks; we know who those types are - usually racist and think they can take on Goldberg or someone - lol. I've seen the types of people who work at G.M. and they are literally like "**** this, **** that." They don't CARE about their workmanship at all. They just punch the clock for the hell of it and count the seconds til their coffee break. If it wasn't for QC, those "engines" would be falling apart all the time. Heck, you'd probably find cigarette butts in the car somewhere. He's upset because he lost a race somewhere along the line. Probably with his daddy in the Fix Or Repair Daily, Found On Road Dead hunk of junk. Hondas are way nicer looking cars than any G.M., Ford, Chevy, Dodge.
Old 09-17-2017
Registered!!

kagan21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HondasFueknRULE
HAHAHAHAAHAHA! That is funny! The two biggest PsOC you can possibly buy. His daddy probably brought him up with those stupid Ford trucks and went around trying to act tough in their trucks; we know who those types are - usually racist and think they can take on Goldberg or someone - lol. I've seen the types of people who work at G.M. and they are literally like "**** this, **** that." They don't CARE about their workmanship at all. They just punch the clock for the hell of it and count the seconds til their coffee break. If it wasn't for QC, those "engines" would be falling apart all the time. Heck, you'd probably find cigarette butts in the car somewhere. He's upset because he lost a race somewhere along the line. Probably with his daddy in the Fix Or Repair Daily, Found On Road Dead hunk of junk. Hondas are way nicer looking cars than any G.M., Ford, Chevy, Dodge.

yet another miss informed idiot, i feel sorry for yea