Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

Best swap?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooonigan is an unknown quantity at this point
Best swap?

I currently have a stock 96' Honda Civic hatchback DX, and just wanted to know what would be the best way to go. I was originally thinking to go b18c / type r or gsr, but lately I've been getting into the H's and K's and they have crazy power. I'm not sure what's better, know h and just needed to know what's best for time and speed.
Old 09-01-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Best swap?

Can't go wrong with either of the choices. The K is probably better IMO, because it is a newer engine with a great following and aftermarket support.
Old 09-01-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

nothing to do with racing. moving to advanced engine section.
Old 09-01-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GolNat
Can't go wrong with either of the choices. The K is probably better IMO, because it is a newer engine with a great following and aftermarket support.
Newer engine, yes, but the aftermarket support for the B series is huge. I'd go B over H, but that's a personal preference. K series engines are quite nice, as well.

Back to OP, what are your goals? What kinda power are you looking to get?

What do you want to do with your car? AutoX? Drag? Track/road courses? DD with a bit of pep to it's step?
Old 09-01-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

autoX is a bad choice - it would throw him in a SM category, sucky pax times. But he likely thought racing have anything to do with engine swaps, likely... already moved to the advanced engine section
Old 09-06-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooonigan is an unknown quantity at this point
Best swap?

I'm looking to go drag. And personally I would go K but from what I hear and see, they cost the most in parts and they break down the quickest. I've been thinking about h23 or h2b. K will always be in the back of my mind.
Old 09-06-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

j37 supercharged, twin turbo, mid engine, rwd ...obviously! lol