Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

Starting in the Civic tuning/buying! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TechMech911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Starting in the Civic tuning/buying! HELP!

I'm new to all this car stuff and I really want to get into it. I would like to start out with a civic, del sol, or whatever you guys would recommend. I just want to learn about all this stuff, like B engines or whatever everyone always talks about. Can you guys explain those engines letters or whatever? I know I know nothing but you have to start somewhere right?

I really want to get into this. What year civic would you guys recommend getting? and yes I want a manual transmission.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 03-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Starting in the Civic tuning/buying! HELP!

A B-series engine is a dual overhead cam motor that is found in Acuras and one model of Civic, a D-series motors is a single overhead cam motor and is found in Hondas like Civics, Del-Sols and CRXs.
Old 03-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TechMech911 is an unknown quantity at this point

So i'm guessing B-series would be better? If so, what are the different models of the B-series and which one is the best?
Old 03-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Newfiedan is a jewel in the roughNewfiedan is a jewel in the roughNewfiedan is a jewel in the rough

the b series engines are on average anywhere from 130hp to 170ish hp, depending on the model check out this link for a list of the typical honda engines used for swaps http://www.jdmsource.ca/index.php?cPath=5&currency=CAD they have hp stats with them. There are lots of choices to go with, naturally aspirated higher hp engines will run more money up front but offer reliability and less prone to damage than a turbo setup, a well done turbo setup will net more power be a little costly but you can get fanastic power out it (costly meaning you best have deep pockets). Doing the work yourself can save you loads of cash but take your time and learn it well also download the manual in my sig its a pdf manual that has a lot of good info in it.
Old 03-04-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

A few lines below
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...er-models.html
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...fications.html
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...intergras.html

Now, Mindbomber, is there a mod for this forum? these and the others need to be sticked

Last edited by sdaidoji; 03-04-2011 at 03:52 PM.