Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Suspension Problem please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
secondcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Suspension Problem please help!!!

Hey guys,

I recently purchased and installed a pair of tokico hp-blues struts and tein s-tech springs in the rear on my 2000 civic ex. Since then I have had this god awful screeching sound from them. I checked underneath the car and and found that the where the strut bolts to the control arm, the strut seems to be too long and is bending slightly. There also doesn't seem to be any clearance from the lower control arm and the strut either. Any help or suggestion to fix this problem would be greatly be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002civic1.7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Suspension Problem please help!!!

maybe get the right strut for your car, if its to long, cross reference the part #'s

i cant see a strut bending unless its bottomed out, even then i cant see a strut bending!!!!! unless its where your strut bolts to the lower arm, i had to use spacers to fill in the gap. i have a 99 ex. your rim could be rubbing on the inside on the trailing arm. i have 4, 1/8" washers on my lugs. if your tires are wider than a 205, i have the hfp honda fit rims with 205/45/16 you definatly need spacers to clear the trailing arm.

btw tighten all your bolts while the strut/spring is under full load!!!!!

Last edited by 2002civic1.7; 08-24-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: felt bad for a min