Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

this skunk stinks

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thatdamndeejay will become famous soon enoughthatdamndeejay will become famous soon enough
Unhappy this skunk stinks

okay here is my story

I had oem shocks and struts with eibach springs. I then decided that i wanted to get coilovers; so i bought skunk2 coilovers. When i went to put them on, i found out that they did not fit my oem struts and shocks. A buddy of mine told me that for some odd reason the skunk2 coilovers do not fit on any strut and shock other than the skunk2 brand? IS THIS TRUE? I know that i need to buy new shocks and struts so think that i am going to go ahead and buy some. Any ideas as to what brand of shocks go well with eibach springs? And does anyone want to purchase some skunk2 coilovers? 200 obo
Old 06-21-2007
Registered!!

EastBayStuntN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: this skunk stinks

keep your eibach springs.

ive ran skunk2 sleeved coilovers with OEM struts and they did fit, but rode like crap and was crap in general. hence, why i switched over to eibach sportline springs instead.
the rumor was that skunk2 sleeved coilovers did not fit the tokico blues or the kyb struts. so choices left out were OEM or koni yellows (or it was a year ago...sorry, i was out of the civic scene for awhile).

i would suggest tokico blues to go with the springs as thats was the most favorable due to its price and streetability. koni yellows if your into track racing/autocross.

ps: if your gonna go with sleeved coilovers, go with ground control. keep in mind they make 2 sets; one to be paired with koni yellows and one to go with OEM struts.
Old 06-21-2007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice

im running skunk2 with d-spec.. i know that combo works
Old 06-22-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

i also have first or second hand experience with skunk2s on oem struts. My buddy put some on his car on his stock struts and they fit fine but his car rides like **** now.
Old 06-22-2007
Registered!!

thatdamndeejay will become famous soon enoughthatdamndeejay will become famous soon enough

so i think i found out why the coilovers didnt fit. I two sets of rear coilovers. I sent them back today to the manufactuer. I also just bought some tokico hp shocks. do you think i would be better off riding tokico with eibach (that does sound like a good combo to me). Or should i keep it skunk and tokico
Old 06-24-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

I have ridin in a car that has skunk2s on tokicos and it rides pretty decent. Not as nice as springs but much better. Skunk2 gets a lot of **** on this site cuz guys try and get coilovers for their cars and they dont do it rite. Skunk2s on hp blues, koni yellows, or any other aftermarket strut ride pretty well. Now will someone please find out some more info on skunk2s new full coilover for our cars. My thread is in this same section.